X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

Lost City of Sodom Found?

Amazing story of 3600 years ago. Huge hib of civilization ...a city that had existed continuously for 3 thousand years...gone in a moment in a Tunguska (sp?) type of cosmic event.
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010

Fellow Sinners, let us celebrate this discovery with some music and dancing on this fine Friday.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
      Eloquent Member
      • Jan 19, 2008

Very interesting.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Interesting read but there seems to be a lot of conflicting evidence …

I'm, just a novice with no archeological College Degree under my belt but it seems like some of their evidence don't add up.

And event with

boulder burst in a massive flame about 4 kilometres above the ground as it hurtled through the atmosphere.

The detonation was 1,000 times more intense than the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima.

If this is true, I can't imagine finding any ..., The distribution of bones suggested "severe disarticulation and skeletal fragmentation in nearby humans".

Comment

• MRP
          Persistent Member
          • Jul 19, 2016

Interesting. Here's a link to the more scholarly less sensationalistic journal article the weather channel story is based on:

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-021-97778-3

It details the results of the archaeological dig at Tall-el-Hammam and the evidence that leads them to believe a Tunguska sized event destroyed the middle-Bronze Age settlement there. It mentions in passing there is an ongoing debate by some trying to link the site to Sodom, but that's not the point of the article or the study that resulted in the excavation of that site. The excavations of that site have been ongoing since 2005, but the journal article detailing the results wasn't published until Sept of this year. Weather Channel or whomever jumped on it and played up the debatable Sodom link to get clicks.

-M
          Last edited by MRP; Oct 2, '21, 12:29 AM.
          "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• Megotastrophe
            Permanent Member
            • Jun 29, 2018

It has been on several sites. The Weather Channel write up was less sensational than some. Most of the articles posited it as a question of what the event would have looked like to an observer distant enough to be safe but close enough to see anything. The fact that there are a few descriptions in religious legend that sound like this would have appeared is very interesting to me. As well as the idea that something similar appears to have happened maybe 12000 years ago as well.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎