Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Adventures of Jonny Quest (1980's reboot) Is this worth watching?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GlobalObserver
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 12, 2004

The New Adventures of Jonny Quest (1980's reboot) Is this worth watching?

Like a lot of you, I love the original series.

Just wondering what's your opinion of the 80's reboot series?

I'm sure it's not nearly as good as the original series, but is it worth watching?
  • Werewolf
    Inhuman
    • Jul 14, 2003

It's in the same continuity as the 60s series. It's pretty much the second season. It's perfectly fine.
    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• PNGwynne
      Master of Fowl Play
      • Jun 5, 2008

I like it and the addition of Hardrock, I have it on dvd. It's a little less edgy than the original but better than later installments.
      WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• ODBJBG
        Permanent Member
        • May 15, 2009

It's quite good.

The 90s series is good too actually, but it's a hard reboot. The 80s show is just a continuation of the 60s show, with some top quality voice talent.

Comment

• GlobalObserver
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 12, 2004

Thanks for the feedback. I'll check it out.

Comment

• drquest
            ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
            • Apr 17, 2012

Related to this I was wishing again a JQ movie series would happen. Indiana Jones has been on all day today and I starting about it. I'm thinking it probably would be better as a television/streaming series than a movie.

I'd be open to animated, but live action would be good too.
            Danny(Drquest)
            Captain Action HQ
            Retro shirts and stuff
            More retro shirts
            Stuff For Sale

Comment

• thunderbolt
              Hi Ernie!!!
              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by drquest
              Related to this I was wishing again a JQ movie series would happen. Indiana Jones has been on all day today and I starting about it. I'm thinking it probably would be better as a television/streaming series than a movie.

I'd be open to animated, but live action would be good too.
              that rumor mill has been going on forever. For a while it was Frankie Muniz for Jonny and I think Bruce Willis? for Race? more lately it was another Dwayne Johnson rumor gig for Race.
              You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MRP
                Persistent Member
                • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                that rumor mill has been going on forever. For a while it was Frankie Muniz for Jonny and I think Bruce Willis? for Race? more lately it was another Dwayne Johnson rumor gig for Race.
                Is it actually in development (or stuck in development hell) somewhere prompting these casting rumors, or is it all wishful thinking on fans' part? I've not heard about JQ being optioned by any studio form WB or WB developing anything with the property except the bluray release of the first animated series in forever.

-M
                "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by MRP
                  Is it actually in development (or stuck in development hell) somewhere prompting these casting rumors, or is it all wishful thinking on fans' part? I've not heard about JQ being optioned by any studio form WB or WB developing anything with the property except the bluray release of the first animated series in forever.

-M
                  Muniz would have been perfect in his Malcolm in the Middle days
                  You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MRP
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 19, 2016

Muniz would have been perfect in his Malcolm in the Middle days
                    It's been 14 years since that show went off the air. Has there been any more recent development of a JQ movie? Or is it all just wishful thinking by a small but vocal fan group?

-M
                    "Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by MRP
                      It's been 14 years since that show went off the air. Has there been any more recent development of a JQ movie? Or is it all just wishful thinking by a small but vocal fan group?

-M
                      I dunno, that one was floating around while the show was still on.

Comment

• MRP
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jul 19, 2016

I dunno, that one was floating around while the show was still on.
                        Considering Munoz was over 40 when he was on Dancing with the Stars a couple seasons ago, if his casting was the most recent rumor of a JQ live action project, I would surmise such a project is dead as a door nail.

-M

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

According to the Hollywood Reporter in November 2018, Lego movies director Chris McKay was tapped to helm a Jonny Quest film.
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• MRP
                            Persistent Member
                            • Jul 19, 2016

Originally posted by PNGwynne
                            According to the Hollywood Reporter in November 2018, Lego movies director Chris McKay was tapped to helm a Jonny Quest film.
                            Cool. Still two years and no further word, but a lot of stuff goes into development hell. Few emerge, most don't.

-M

Comment

• enyawd72
                              Maker of Monsters!
                              • Oct 1, 2009

At this point I'd prefer they just leave it alone.

If they do make a new JQ movie it will just end up another politically correct, agenda driven train wreck...I can see it now.
                              Hadji and Dr. Zin are both racist stereotypes so they're out.
                              No guns or violence of any kind, cause guns are bad. Throw in plenty of poop, pee, and fart jokes for Bandit.
                              Oh, and Race Bannon will be changed to Grace Bannon. Cause we need a strong female character.

No thanks.
                              Last edited by enyawd72; Apr 26, '20, 2:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎