X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drquest
    ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
    • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Hector
    This is not reality TV, it’s a multiple part documentary. The Tiger King himself was taping a low budget reality show, but the documentary just showed parts and snippets of it, then all the tapes from his reality stuff, mysteriously burned in a fire, possible arson.

This is nothing like Duck Dynasty, Honey Boo Boo, Kardashians, etc...I don’t watch that crap either.

This was about the horrors of Tiger cub mills and other exotic animals. Showing viewers what a shady business that is. Having poor tigers keep breeding countless cubs, so they can charge $300 a person for one photo op, then once the cub reaches maturity and becomes an adult...they euthanize them, as they become too expensive to feed (I mean, a large bulk of their diet comes from expired discarded cold cuts and meats from Walmart)...and too dangerous to keep as pets. Then grab the next wave of females...have cubs again...and keep repeating this vicious cycle over and over again.

This was a good documentary, it’s not the filmmakers fault that they are all crazy and mimic a reality show...but it was an important documentary. The freak show was just the added attraction. All these tiger mills should be shut down. That was the purpose of this documentary.
    Well spoken Hector!

I despise reality TV and don't watch it. This is as stated a documentary first. Joe tried to have a reality series made but all of the footage was lost in the fire.

Is the show for everyone? No it's not, but man it's so crazy and spans so many people and states and you throw in the missing husband and the cult guy it's just wild. Add in Joe Exotic and his presidential and governor ambitions, wow... Oh yeah it has tigers in it too... and I agree all of those animals shouldn't be treated that way, no matter if it's called a rescue or zoo or whatever they called them in the show.
    Danny(Drquest)
    Captain Action HQ
    Retro shirts and stuff
    More retro shirts
    Stuff For Sale

Comment

• MegoMonk
      Career Member
      • Jan 22, 2007

My wife made me watch the 1st episode last week. We were so engrossed after 1 episode, we watched the whole series a day or two later. I cant wait for that extra episode Netfix is supposed to post later this month. These people are so wacky looking, they would make great Mego figures.

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

FB_IMG_1586435793747.jpg
        You're welcome.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by J.B.
          He's the one responsible for the show's huge Middle Earth crossover appeal.

" My Precious..."
          He went full Hollywood now...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎