X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

No toilet paper?

We have three Brondell Swash 1400 bidets in our household...we are good...

Bidets reduce the need for toilet paper. Considering that an average person uses only 1⁄8 US gal of water for cleansing by using a bidet, much less water is used than for manufacturing toilet paper. An article in Scientific American concluded that using a bidet is "much less stressful on the environment than using paper". Scientific American has also reported that if the US switched to using bidets, 15 million trees could be saved every year.

If you never had or used one...I highly recommend them. After you get used to them...you’ll never want to dry toilet paper wipe again...

sigpic
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

Question about using a bidet …

Don't you still need toilet paper to dry your undercarriage off ?

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

Most modern seat bidets have Dry settings. Ours have cold, warm, and hot air.

Higher end like ours have unlimited warm/hot jet water too...so you’ll never get that cold splash.

Anybody can get a bidet...they are not those old separate porcelain bidets. These new electronic ones are placed on top of your existing toilet bowl...just remove the old seat. The plumbing connection is very easy. They last a long time too. Many come with 5 year warranties. Our mom’s bidet is 7 years old, still working.
      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

I still use a wet paper towel to you know...just in case I missed something, lol. I also use dry paper towel to accelerate drying in case I’m in a hurry.

We got our first bidet out of necessity 8 years ago, when mom got sick and started having trouble cleaning after herself. So after researching, we discovered bidets. So we installed one for her. Worked fantastic. Well, we started trying it too...and before you know it...my sis got one for her bathroom...and I got one for mine.

Every time I’m at a hotel/motel...or a hospital stay...I have to go back to dry wipe...then take a shower. Man, I sure miss my bidet then. I’ve have gotten spoiled, lol.
        Last edited by Hector; Mar 15, '20, 12:49 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

• B-Lister
          Eccentric Weirdo
          • Mar 19, 2010

I used one for the first time in Tokyo and I'm a believer. This needs to become industry standard.

In Japan toilet paper is used to dry a freshly washed behind. In the US it's used to smear filth around.
          Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• ODBJBG
            Permanent Member
            • May 15, 2009

This is one of those things that's so smart, it'll take another 30 years to catch on in the US if ever. The TP lobbyists among others, will help prevent this.

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by B-Lister
              I used one for the first time in Tokyo and I'm a believer. This needs to become industry standard.

In Japan toilet paper is used to dry a freshly washed behind. In the US it's used to smear filth around.
              Amen!!!
              sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Brondell headquarters is only a bridge away from me. Been there in person. The staff is amazing and super friendly.

There are so many different models...affordable in fact...

Toto is Japanese owned, way more expensive...they are really high quality, but super expensive...

Brondell is the better option...their products are excellent as well...and it’s an American company, made in the USA...
                sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                  el Hombre de Acero
                  • May 19, 2003

I sound like a commercial...

sigpic

Comment

• Hedji
                    Citizen of Gotham
                    • Nov 17, 2012

Wife bought me one as a joke a few Christmases ago. It is still in the box, but if we run out, I'll be hooking it up.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎