X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TrekStar
    Trek or Treat
    • Jan 20, 2011

Originally posted by Mikey
    When the news people were interviewing some of the spring breakers and they kept saying "I don't care if I get sick" --- "you only live once" --- "i'm too drunk to get sick" --- etc ……….. I wish one of the newscasters replies, what about your loved ones ? -- If you bring the virus back and a family member died from it would you feel guilty ?

It's a good question to weed out sociopaths (which are the biggest problem for containment)
    I’m wondering why the Governor of Florida has not shut down the beaches? isn’t there a rule in effect about crowds
    of people? just think folks, some of today’s immature drunk idiotic spring breakers who don’t seem to give a damn,
    could be the people (we) might be relying on during our golden years.

Comment

• Mikey
      Verbose Member
      • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by sprytel
      I think Brian was pretty clear that we needed to knock off the politics discussion about 20 posts ago. Since then, everybody has been respectful of that. If you went back far enough to see the comments you are quoting, surely you saw his post as well.
      I agree …..

m

Comment

• TrekStar
        Trek or Treat
        • Jan 20, 2011

I think Brian was pretty clear that we needed to knock off the politics discussion about 20 posts ago. Since then, everybody has been respectful of that. If you went back far enough to see the comments you are quoting, surely you saw his post as well.
        Honesty no I didn’t see it, I probably would have just said the heck with it. If all’s forgiven, I’ll buy you a Coca Cola,
        but please don’t wear that terrible white turtleneck sweater.

Comment

• sprytel
          Talkative Member
          • Jun 26, 2009

Originally posted by TrekStar
          Honesty no I didn’t see it, I probably would have just said the heck with it. If all’s forgiven, I’ll buy you a Coca Cola,
          but please don’t wear that terrible white turtleneck sweater.
          Sounds good! But now I don't know what to wear... I can't wear my white turtleneck and my ascot is at the cleaners...

Comment

• thunderbolt
            Hi Ernie!!!
            • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by TrekStar
            I’m wondering why the Governor of Florida has not shut down the beaches? isn’t there a rule in effect about crowds
            of people? just think folks, some of today’s immature drunk idiotic spring breakers who don’t seem to give a damn,
            could be the people (we) might be relying on during our golden years.
            all for a last cash grab by all the Clearwater beach businesses. After the backlash from the story on all the news channels, Clearwater finally shut down last night. The shut down was originally to go on after Sunday night, the bad press got to the city commission. Guvner should have pulled the plug the same day he did the bars.
            You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• PNGwynne
              Master of Fowl Play
              • Jun 5, 2008

...and my ascot is at the cleaners...
              I'll loan you one, I have about a dozen. Paisley or medallion?
              WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Random Axe
                The Voice of Reason
                • Apr 16, 2008

Originally posted by Nostalgiabuff
                I don't get the people running to the banks either. I mean what do they think that the banks are going to crash and keep their money? are people that uneducated? do people really not understand that the federal government insures the money up to $250K per account? not to mention with the lockdown there isn't much you can even spend cash on. most people are using credit right now anyway because of the germs being on cash. People are not thinking clearly at all.
                I work in a bank, and the amount of freaked out customers trying to pull money has been way less than expected. We have adjusted hours and procedures starting this morning so that could mess some stuff up. Our traditional branches are going drive thru only for transactions and bankers are only available by appointment as they keep the lobby doors locked. My particular case is our branch is inside a Kroger so they really can't do that so hours are now 10-4 daily. I figured I'd be waist high in loan applications for cash strapped people out of work but that hasn't happened either. IT's been eerily calm. We open for business in ten minutes so lets see how long that lasts...
                I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                  Muddling through
                  • Oct 4, 2008

hopefully people just calm down and let this run it's course. be safe!

Comment

• Brazoo
                    Permanent Member
                    • Feb 14, 2009

I love this wonderful and crazy little community, but the virus doesn't care who you voted for and we shouldn't either. I have a lot of strong opinions about the politics of this situation, but the truth is the epidemic is growing and right now I think it's more important to deal with that. The numbers are not good. Some of us are in places that are already hit hard and only time will tell how bad it is. Stay safe and stay home! If you can't stay home stay away from people. Wash your hands. This is no joke!

Panic is never a reasonable option, but prepare for the worst, and keep safe!

Comment

• drquest
                      ~~/\~~\o/~~/\~~Shark!
                      • Apr 17, 2012

Originally posted by Random Axe
                      I work in a bank, and the amount of freaked out customers trying to pull money has been way less than expected. We have adjusted hours and procedures starting this morning so that could mess some stuff up. Our traditional branches are going drive thru only for transactions and bankers are only available by appointment as they keep the lobby doors locked. My particular case is our branch is inside a Kroger so they really can't do that so hours are now 10-4 daily. I figured I'd be waist high in loan applications for cash strapped people out of work but that hasn't happened either. IT's been eerily calm. We open for business in ten minutes so lets see how long that lasts...
                      My wife has branches in Ohio as well, and is seeing pretty much the same thing. Closing lobbies, only going to drive thru for transactions and online/phone for the rest.
                      Danny(Drquest)
                      Captain Action HQ
                      Retro shirts and stuff
                      More retro shirts
                      Stuff For Sale

Comment

• Random Axe
                        The Voice of Reason
                        • Apr 16, 2008

Originally posted by drquest
                        My wife has branches in Ohio as well, and is seeing pretty much the same thing. Closing lobbies, only going to drive thru for transactions and online/phone for the rest.
                        Yeah, today has been uneventful. Everyone is understanding of the need to change hours so it's been smooth so far. I've actually put in four loan apps today since the refi rates are low. So people are still thinking ahead which is good and a nice indicator of our overall national mindset. For the first time since 9/11 it seems everyone is on the same team.
                        I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

FLA may get the shut down notice on Monday.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Brazoo
                            Permanent Member
                            • Feb 14, 2009

Originally posted by thunderbolt
                            FLA may get the shut down notice on Monday.
                            I spend lots of time in Florida and have many friends and family there. As a state among the highest for tourism, lowest for medically insured mixed with an enormous aging population I'm genuinely frightened by the reaction time.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                              Hi Ernie!!!
                              • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Brazoo
                              I spend lots of time in Florida and have many friends and family there. As a state among the highest for tourism, lowest for medically insured mixed with an enormous aging population I'm genuinely frightened by the reaction time.
                              yup Amazing that the Mouse was actually the leader starting the closings

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                                Muddling through
                                • Oct 4, 2008

it's not just us in North America though. I have a friend in Germany who said they are under the same restrictions we are in NY, CA and other states. France and Spain too, and of course Italy. this is worldwide

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎