Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thunderbolt
    Hi Ernie!!!
    • Feb 15, 2004

You’d think with the mouse closing down it would convey the seriousness and all other tourist destinations would follow suit. Governor should really be more decisive
    You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• ODBJBG
      Permanent Member
      • May 15, 2009

I know when I look for a response to a global pandemic, the first thing I look for in a leader is to pretend it's a hoax for the first few months, then downplay the seriousness of it and say those 15 cases will turn into zero, then only worry about the stock market for the next two weeks, then refuse the tests from the WHO before waiting until the entire country basically shuts down on it's own accord and then finally start taking action. Also a plus when you try to bribe foreign countries to develop a vaccine and make it exclusive. These are all stalwarts of crisis leadership.

Governors are going to have to impose state shutdowns across the board. We will see more of this in the days and weeks ahead, no doubt. At this point it's basically every state for themselves.

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by thunderbolt
        When one publicly states concern over keeping the numbers lower by not allowing a ship with covid 19 infected Americans on board to dock, you know where priorities lie for that person.
        The day Trump said Covid-19 would disappear like a miracle Senator Richard Burr was privately warning rich and influential donors on the severity of the virus.

Sen. Richard Burr issued a warning at a private event weeks ago to prepare for dire effects from the coronavirus, going further than his more public comments, according to a recording obtained by NPR.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

But he didn’t bother to speak up in public, bahh
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Wee67
            Museum Correspondent
            • Apr 2, 2002

I'm having trouble NOT commenting on the politics around this and the stereotype surrounding the "media," BUT... 1)as a member of the media, I think partisan perspectives would dismiss or embrace my perspective without true consideration... AND, MORE IMPORTANTLY 2) I'm trying to respect the rules of the house in which I current post. Soooo hard!! Think toys.. think toys...

WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Wee67
              Museum Correspondent
              • Apr 2, 2002

But I will comment that this seems to be the wise and reasoned bottom line. We cannot get past this without thoughts about the whole.

Originally posted by PNGwynne
              Politics aside, we need to work together to overcome this and adapt to the cultural and economic changes that will follow.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

Yeah, I have reluctant to comment here but I would like this thread to stay away from Politics going forward. No good will come from a divide and you know, you can just go to Facebook to alienate one another if you like.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• EMCE Hammer
                  Moderation Engineer
                  • Aug 14, 2003

Originally posted by Wee67
                  I'm having trouble NOT commenting on the politics around this and the stereotype surrounding the "media," BUT... 1)as a member of the media, I think partisan perspectives would dismiss or embrace my perspective without true consideration... AND, MORE IMPORTANTLY 2) I'm trying to respect the rules of the house in which I current post. Soooo hard!! Think toys.. think toys...

That one guy on that one network said it was just like the flu, so you're all complicit Mr. Bill!

Comment

• Werewolf
                    Inhuman
                    • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                    Yeah, I have reluctant to comment here but I would like this thread to stay away from Politics going forward.
                    I'm not trying to be political. I have Asthma if I catch it, I'm boned. I'm trying to cut through the politics so people grasp how deadly serious this is. But I respect your judgement and the rules of the forum.
                    You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Wee67
                      Museum Correspondent
                      • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by EMCE Hammer
                      That one guy on that one network said it was just like the flu, so you're all complicit Mr. Bill!
                      Now you're making me spread the virus in one of the grossest possible ways.

Comment

• ODBJBG
                        Permanent Member
                        • May 15, 2009

For those who aren't "old" it should be noted that about 40% of the people hospitalized in the US with this are between ages 20 and 50. And HALF of the ones in the most critical condition in ICU are under 65. We're seeing this across the board now. Younger people are getting hit hard as well. Unless you're a teenager or younger, this is very dangerous to you as well. You may not die, but you could be severely effected.

Comment

• Mikey
                          Verbose Member
                          • Aug 9, 2001

When the news people were interviewing some of the spring breakers and they kept saying "I don't care if I get sick" --- "you only live once" --- "i'm too drunk to get sick" --- etc ……….. I wish one of the newscasters replies, what about your loved ones ? -- If you bring the virus back and a family member died from it would you feel guilty ?

It's a good question to weed out sociopaths (which are the biggest problem for containment)

Comment

• CrimsonGhost
                            Often invisible
                            • Jul 18, 2002

Originally posted by Mikey
                            When the news people were interviewing some of the spring breakers and they kept saying "I don't care if I get sick" --- "you only live once" --- "i'm too drunk to get sick" --- etc ……….. I wish one of the newscasters replies, what about your loved ones ? -- If you bring the virus back and a family member died from it would you feel guilty ?

It's a good question to weed out sociopaths (which are the biggest problem for containment)

I watched that video and they all looked sick to me.
                            Expectation is the death of discovery.

Comment

• Random Axe
                              The Voice of Reason
                              • Apr 16, 2008

My bank changed its business model indefinitely. My branch has new hours of operation 10-4, and some branches are going drive thru only and bankers can be seen by appt only. Crazy times. I was expecting closures but as a federally regulated industry, banks are considered a public necessity like a pharmacy, grocery or hospital. I was looking forward to a few weeks off but I like money too much.
                              I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• YoungOnce
                                Career Member
                                • Aug 29, 2007

Originally posted by Mikey
                                I wish one of the newscasters replies, what about your loved ones ? -- If you bring the virus back and a family member died from it would you feel guilty ?)
                                Yeah... this is only gonna work if nearly everyone gets with the program. Our governor in KY has done a pretty good job of getting the word out and stressing the importance of the social distancing.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎