X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Peter Criss announcing final performances

If proven to be accurate, this would be the first time Peter Criss actually got one up on Stanley and Simmons.

• Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

He might be just testing the waters for The Peter Criss All-Starr Band

Comment

• mego maniac mark
      Career Member
      • Aug 3, 2010

Thanks for posting this information. I am a huge fan
      of kiss and am thankful to have seen the original band at Madison Square Garden
      as well as Peter and Ace together in a small club setting. I also met Peter, who was super cool.

I do not want to sound negative about Peter in anyway. He is an original
      member and helped create what is possibly the most iconic
      Band ever. Having read his book , he definitely feels disrespected by Gene & Paul and he does have some strong points there.
      But in my opinion, Ace is what made the Kiss sound and was the most important key to the band. He has been enjoying some recent success lately with his last 2 albums and is heralded as a god to many guitarists. He has recently commented that he is open to playing with them again and 2017 is ripe for it to happen. Peter is not revered in that way.

Gene and Paul had every right to keep Kiss moving forward after Ace & Peter left the band after the reunion. Where they lost me was dressing those others guys up in Ace & Peter's characters they created. That was not right, but they knew thanks to both of them, the bread would be buttered, so to speak. They should have had them come up with 2 new characters instead but they own it and went with the money.

Back to Peter. He was replaced by a better drummer in Eric
      Carr ( RIP) and quite honestly they never missed a beat (pun, rimshot)
      Peter may be hearing these rumors of an Ace / Kiss reunion and is feeling slighted again.
      Of course I am speculating this, but wouldn't be surprised. Peter was also miffed that Ace was paid more than he on their last tour. I see his point there, but that is the brilliance of Gene and Paul from a business standpoint. They own Kiss and however they got Ace and Peter to sign over the makeup rights, they did. Ace and Peter agreed and that's that.
      I wish Peter all the best and I hope his fans can give him a great send off on his terms and he is at peace with it.
      mego's befo ho's

Comment

• Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003

Some early Kiss fans tend to try to martyr Peter.

I think their love for him is fueled out of nostalgia more than his actually talent or contributions to the band. Unlike Ace who is a genuinely talented (but unfortunately a bit of a self destructive screw up), Peter was a marginally talented drummer at best. He couldn't read music and was replaced by studio musicians on many of the albums he was credited on to keep up the illusion of the band. He also reportedly had delusions of grandeur and thought he was far more talented and indispensable than he was and also was always the driving wedge between Ace and the rest of the band.

Peter didn't quit the band the first time. He was fired. Pushed out by Gene, Paul and Ace. Peter's replacement Eric Carr was an amazing drummer and got along really well with Ace.
        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• johnnystorm
          Hot Child in the City
          • Jul 3, 2008

Peter Criss' Catman was my favorite of the original characters.

Comment

• noelani72
            27inaleon
            • Jun 25, 2002

I am KISS at heart - had Pete on a pedastal for far too many years. He is one of the originals who brought the magic, but as far as tallent..I dunno. I too read the books...
            I do not want to see him in KISS again. As Paul said, Peter hit the lottery twice and still wasn't happy.
            Having tht said, I did enjoy Peter's two solo LPs he released right after leaving KISS. Pretty good jams...I'd have to go look and see if he really wrote anything by himself on either though.

Ace was a very strong part of KISS, still could be if they drop the makeup.

I could see Ace doing a KISS Kruise or something small since he isn't the most dependable person. Even when I saw Ace last September on his solo tour, the dude showed up AT THE VERY LAST SECOND because he was sleeping in the hotel. Security was laughing it up to me after the show how worried everyone was that he wasnt gonna show up. Still, he must have needed that extra ten minutes snooze, because he put on one helluva show.

Comment

• mego maniac mark
              Career Member
              • Aug 3, 2010

Ace fans know it, Ace knows it, and although
              they would never admit it, Gene and Paul know
              Ace is the heart and soul of the band. Peter like you said hit the lottery twice
              mego's befo ho's

Comment

• Dark Shadow
                Creature Of The Night
                • May 14, 2011

Originally posted by MIB41
                If proven to be accurate, this would be the first time Peter Criss actually got one up on Stanley and Simmons.
                Thanks for the heads up.

Looks like Peter's announcing that he'll no longer perform live after a few small expo solo appearances, not sure why the hosts seem so confused?

From Peter's website, here's the bill for the Australia KISS Convention on May 12th (Note: "Dinner Performance - *Peter Criss Intimate Performance*"):

Here's the text from his website regarding the event: ("The Catman is coming to see ya, mates, for the Australia Kiss Convention with VIP Dinner Performance on Friday, May 12th. Last live performance in Australia! Don't miss it! Plus, May 13th-14th Open Convention w/ Peter Criss and other special guests! Peter is very excited to be playing with Mike McLaughlin again and is also looking forward to having Sisters Doll as his backing band!")

(As a side note, KISS will be in Europe all month long in May and will be actually performing in Germany on the 12th.)

And here's the text from his website regarding the New York Expo ("The Catman, Peter Criss, will be appearing in New York City with other special guests on June 9, 10, 11, 2017 for the New York Kiss Expo and a special VIP Dinner Performance on June 16th, 2017! Last live performance in the USA! Don't miss it! Times and locations to be announced.")

I'm not sure that I understand how the announcement of these two dinner performances would have any affect on Paul or Gene?

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎