• Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

I hate Diet Coke...

...but I love Coke Zero...

Coke Zero Cherry...even better...

I don't know what it is...but Diet Coke has major aftertaste to me...I don't get that aftertaste from Coke Zero.

Diet Coke's volume -- i.e. the number of cases of soda shipped to retailers -- is plunging around the globe. Volume was down 8% in the quarter. That follows steep declines for the brand in the first and second quarters as well. Diet Coke also seems to be hurt by the fact that Coke has a similar no-calorie drink that is doing better: Coke Zero's volume was up 8% in the quarter.

Not surprising...as not only does Coke Zero tastes better...but the day after New Year's, I headed to Safeway...and they were completely out of Coke Zero...while the Diet Cokes shelves were all full.

Time to retire Diet Coke...long live Coke Zero.

This message was brought to you by a Coke Zero aficionado...any criticism created by fellow posters hating on all sodas...will self-destruct in five seconds...

P.S. BTW, critics who say diet sodas make you gain weight like regular sodas are full of poop...as in my regular Coke drinking days...I was 100 pounds heavier...as opposed to my current Coke Zero drinking ritual, so there...bite me...

P.S.S. I also drink lots of water...and dig G2, that's the low sugar Gatorade. Not much of a coffee drinker. Love my beer, but drink mostly lite beers nowadays, and nowhere near as frequent as before...maybe two-three beers on a weekend. No drinking through weekdays. Wine? Once in a blue moon, red wine only. Tequila, good quality reposado tequila...only at gatherings like a party, birthdays, celebrations, etc...maybe two or three shots, and I'm done. Oh, I love orange juice, but try not to drink too much of it, as it's loaded with sugars.

P.S.S.S. Awesome thread...

sigpic
  • Goblin19
    Talkative Member
    • May 2, 2002

This one you're dead right on. I'm drinking a Coke Zero right now.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

I agree Coke Zero tastes way better. I remember posting a thread a couple of years ago asking people if they thought Diet Coke tasted off or flat. I just doesn't taste good anymore.

I never drink regular soda. But I'm not giving up Coke Zero. It's the only thing that can put a dent in my migraines. I hate coffee, tea and can't take anything stronger than Tylenol which is pretty much useless for migraines.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Bruce Banner
        HULK SMASH!
        • Apr 3, 2010

Yeah, I really like Coke Zero, too.
        Also Dr. Pepper Zero.
        PUNY HUMANS!

Comment

• Goblin19
          Talkative Member
          • May 2, 2002

Dr. Pepper is second best.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Yeah, awesome, my fellow Coke Zero lovers!

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

I dig Dr Pepper Ten...the one with only ten calories...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Werewolf
                I agree Coke Zero tastes way better. I remember posting a thread a couple of years ago asking people if they thought Diet Coke tasted off or flat. I just doesn't taste good anymore.

I never drink regular soda. But I'm not giving up Coke Zero. It's the only thing that can put a dent in my migraines. I hate coffee, tea and can't take anything stronger than Tylenol which is pretty much useless for migraines.
                Diet Coke is indeed flatter than Coke Zero. The carbonation is not as strong/intense...true.
                sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                  Verbose Member
                  • Aug 9, 2001

I'm a Wies store brand diet ginger ale man myself

Comment

• palitoy
                    live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                    • Jun 16, 2001

Diet Coke helped wean me off my "four pops a day" habit 15 years ago. Now, just like regular pop, I can't stand it either.

If i have to have a soft drink, it'll be coke zero, that happens maybe twice a year.
                    Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                    http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• Hector
                      el Hombre de Acero
                      • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                      Diet Coke helped wean me off my "four pops a day" habit 15 years ago. Now, just like regular pop, I can't stand it either.

If i have to have a soft drink, it'll be coke zero, that happens maybe twice a year.
                      After reading your first sentence...I was going to activate and commence the 5 seconds self destruct countdown...but then I read your second sentence...Coke Zero got some love...you are safe...

sigpic

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                        Verbose Member
                        • Mar 7, 2004

I don't drink much soda these days, but I could never drink Diet Coke, or any diet drink. It makes me sick to my stomach.

I'll give Coke Zero a try.

If I'm out and there's one of those 100 flavor Coke fountain machines, I LOVE Raspberry Coke.

Chris
                        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
                          I don't drink much soda these days, but I could never drink Diet Coke, or any diet drink. It makes me sick to my stomach.

I'll give Coke Zero a try.

If I'm out and there's one of those 100 flavor Coke fountain machines, I LOVE Raspberry Coke.

Chris
                          Try Coke Zero Cherry...

sigpic

Comment

• megowgsh
                            Customego HoF Curator
                            • Nov 19, 2003

The story, as it has been told to me, goes that Diet Coke is the "diet" or calorie-free version of New Coke (renamed Coke II) introduced in 1985 to a consumer backlash. Coke Zero is the "diet" or calorie-free version of Coca-Cola Classic. (or is it the other way around?)

I have never been able to confirm this from an expert source, but it would explain the difference in taste and the need for two calorie-free Coke products.

Not to mention Tab. What the hell is Tab anyway?
                            Check out ALL my customs at https://www.facebook.com/megowgshcustoms

Comment

• Hedji
                              Citizen of Gotham
                              • Nov 17, 2012

When the Doc told me the cholesterol was threateningly high, I got off soda by drinking seltzer water. HORRIBLE at first. Now, I love it, and am happy to say there is life after soda pop. After a while, you don't miss it or crave it... ever. And yet I have a raging sweet tooth.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎