Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to buy a Game System but haven't a clue- HELP!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adam West
    Museum CPA
    • Apr 14, 2003

My kids are aged 6-12. Without a doubt they enjoy the WII more than any of them and I think they are fun too.

True, the graphics aren't great but I love the use of the remote controls to actually have the character do what you want it to do.

We don't have XBox 360 or PS3 but my 12 year old does have a PS2 but ultimately goes back to WII....and the WII sports program that comes with the system is great.

I am pretty athletic and can hold my own in most sports even though I'm almost 40 but my 6 year old son can beat me in Wii baseball even when I try my hardest and that makes him feel good. He can throw all kinds of pitches that I can't hit no matter how hard I try. It is a really good bonding experience and most of the games that seem to be best on the wii platform are not the typical shoot em up type games. The sports games are fantastic and there is a really strange game that my kids love called Warioware smooth moves....really bizarre games using the controller (like placing the controller on your nose like an elephant trunk to move things with the trunk) but it's a fun game and the system we have liked the best as a family.
    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
    ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

Originally posted by Dave Mc
      Heh, thanks Hector But for some reason there is no Spiderman 3 or Star Wars Battlefront in the arcade.
      If those are the types of games he likes to play, go with the XBOX 360. For starters, the 360 has the best console version of Spiderman 3.

The 360 is also backwards compatible with a lot of original XBOX 1 games including all these SW games which shouldn’t be too hard to find and fairly cheap too.

Star Wars Battlefront
      Star Wars Battlefront 2
      Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith
      Star Wars Republic Commando
      Star Wars Jedi Knights Jedi Academy
      Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
      Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2 the Sith Lords.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎