Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hector
    el Hombre de Acero
    • May 19, 2003

Not a fan of the Pats either...but I'll be rooting for them like if I was a native Bostonian, lol.
    sigpic

Comment

• The Bat
      Batman Fanatic
      • Jul 14, 2002

Originally posted by Hector
      Not a fan of the Pats either...but I'll be rooting for them like if I was a native Bostonian, lol.

sigpic

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

so, what team is the lesser of two evils?
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• MIB41
          Eloquent Member
          • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by megomania
          I don't mind debating the game and the merits of either teams efforts with you, but don't call me a fair weather fan. You don't know me. I've been watching the Seahawks since game 1 in '76...I've watched every snap this season, listened to every sound bite/interview. One thing I don't do though is slurp the kool aid of any local team or players. This team is far from humble and their head coach is example #1.

They played a crappy game for 55 minutes of regulation. That's not debatable. You can throw out all the yardage stats you want - those passing yards by the Hawks came because they had to chuck the ball around to get back in the game.

Again, I'm glad MY team made the SB...And I have the right to sit here and say I don't think they deserved it the way they played and I think NE will win.

Comment

• mego maniac mark
            Career Member
            • Aug 3, 2010

That was an incredible game. I even thought Packers were lock after the Russell pick with 5 minutes left. Packers did get too conservative, had many chances early in the game as well as late to go for the kill. Either way, Seattle made all the plays that they needed to do to win.
            Either way, being a Jets fan, I despise the Pats and really have no interest in seeing them win another championship. Of course my hatred is deeply rooted since Brady ascended indirectly from us knocking Bledsoe to the bench and sticking it to us since.
            Hopefully we get a good game that is not lopsided unless Seattle is the one crushing NE. Sorry Pat fans
            mego's befo ho's

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

Here we go again. Now they're saying the Patriots were deflating the ball. And the refs didn't noticed it when they were handling the ball? As to the Packers-Seahawks game,I'm getting tired of the so-called "experts" saying with the last pick,the guy who made the pick should have kept running. And what if he did and then fumbled the ball? They'd be screaming he shouldn't have returned the ball. Just shut up you dopes.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                The DarkSide Customizer
                • Apr 16, 2005

Hawks must be doing something right .... So now their own " die hard fans " hate players and root for other teams they play ..... Just stop .
                ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

^^^ Thank you!

Comment

• Godzilla
                    Permanent Member
                    • Nov 3, 2002

The Colts go down again to the Patriots. It's like they're our kryptonite. Congrats to them. Maybe I'll watch the puppy bowl this year instead.
                    Mortui Vivos Docent
                    The Dead Teach the Living

Comment

• mego maniac mark
                      Career Member
                      • Aug 3, 2010

What do George Castanza and Bill Belacheat have in common?
                      They both have a shrinkage problem.
                      mego's befo ho's

Comment

• jwyblejr
                        galactic yo-yo
                        • Apr 6, 2006

^The NFL is just as much to blame. You mean to tell me those refs didn't know what was going on? They handled the footballs too.

Comment

• RickD
                          Persistent Member
                          • Aug 31, 2011

Overall this is a pathetic excuse for a professional sports league. Fans deserve much more than this. We spend money to watch the games, buy the jerseys and other sports items. What we get in return is a bunch of over hyped players and coaches, cheating scandals, domestic violence, dog fighting and more.

have to love where the league is going and the role models for our kids.

Comment

• wolfie
                            Persistent Member
                            • Dec 31, 2007

I have followed NFL from here in the UK since about 1984 and I never knew that each team had it's own balls to play with, it would never have entered my head. I just assumed there was one ball in play until someone threw it in the crowd or ran off with it at which point another one was thrown in. Now I see the teams have their own balls I'm amazed something like this has not happened before ( perhaps it has ). The ref's should be the only people who have access to match balls.

Comment

• megoapesnut
                              The name says it all!
                              • Dec 3, 2007

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                              ^The NFL is just as much to blame. You mean to tell me those refs didn't know what was going on? They handled the footballs too.
                              I was listening to Mike & Mike this morning and Peter King was talking about this. He said that he had the opportunity to hold and grip a ball that was properly inflated and one that was inflated to the PSI the Pats are accused of using. He said he could not tell the difference but he assumes that someone who grips a ball every day (i.e. a QB) would be able to notice the difference.

Comment

• megomania
                                Persistent Member
                                • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by Hector
                                The entire Sehawks secondary invented the world arrogance, lol.
                                And this is example #652 of how arrogant and ignorant some of our players are. Jeremy Lane is our freaking nickel corner (and not even that good) and he says this garbage about Gronkowski, the best TE in football. It's one thing to be confident...it's another thing to just say stupid stuff to sound confident.

RENTON, Wash. -- Seattle Seahawks starting nickel cornerback Jeremy Lane paused for a moment Thursday when asked what makes New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski so good, because Lane disagrees.

"I actually don't think he's that good," Lane said. "He's OK. He does have a big body. But from what I've seen on tape, he doesn't like you putting your hands on him. So if we put our hands on him and shake him up a little bit, he won't catch that many balls."

Seattle Seahawks starting nickel cornerback Jeremy Lane paused for a moment Thursday when asked what makes New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski so good, because Lane disagrees.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎