X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adam West
    Museum CPA
    • Apr 14, 2003

Originally posted by dumbldor
    OK, I doubted that you meant anything by it. Prejudice comments in general are usually not voiced intentionally. Still, I could not let that one slip by. That kind of stereotype is not healthy for the development and self esteem of adopted kids. They take enough ribbing from other kids as it is. Apology accepted.

If this particular adopted child is treated second class to his biological sibling by his parents, that's a real shame. Some people adopt just because they want a child and can never get past the fact they didn't give birth to the child. People like that should not adopt a child, whether they end up with a biological child or not.
    I went back and looked at my original email and realized that I should review what I wrote before posting it since what was said and my intent could have easily been misunderstood. And thank you for calling it out on me so I could clarify since I typically type fast without fully explaining myself. And I agree with whole heartedly regarding the treatment. My brother has an adopted son and daughter as well as a biological daughter. He treat them all with equal love and affection and gives no preferential treatment to his biological daughter. What went wrong, I don't know but can only speculate.

The bottom line is we all have neighbors or most of us that rub us the wrong way in some way or another.
    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
    ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• AAAAA
      Permanent Member
      • Oct 28, 2005

No your not paraniod,
      Take it from a person, who has law enforcement tring to break in to my company Vehicle, a DA's Office who aids Criminal acts against me ,my staff and busniess.
      It happens.

Comment

• huedell
        Museum Ball Eater
        • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Comic Book Geek
        I'm OK with someone that has a crazy idea. I've got a few. Sane people can have a few crazy beliefs. The difference is a sane person will start off the conversation with something like, "OK this will sound crazy but..."

The crazy conspiracy theorist will always act indignant if you don't immediatley buy it. "How can you say that alien shapeshifters aren't living among us? The evidence is clear. Government insiders have revealed their existance. it must be true or so many people wouldn't be so quick to dismiss it. Don't you see? They have a base on the dark side of the moon! Everyone knows that. It's common knowledge!"
        Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration....
        You would make that conclusion walking down the street or going to the store

(That's a quote from a fave movie of mine you made me think of----A Mighty Wind)
        "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• huedell
          Museum Ball Eater
          • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by Adam West
          I went back and looked at my original email and realized that I should review what I wrote before posting it since what was said and my intent could have easily been misunderstood. And thank you for calling it out on me so I could clarify since I typically type fast without fully explaining myself. And I agree with whole heartedly regarding the treatment. My brother has an adopted son and daughter as well as a biological daughter. He treat them all with equal love and affection and gives no preferential treatment to his biological daughter. What went wrong, I don't know but can only speculate.

The bottom line is we all have neighbors or most of us that rub us the wrong way in some way or another.
          Adopted children have some pretty heavy issues to deal with ANY way you
          slice it. No harm was meant by your comment, it was just a variable in
          your particular scenario... a variable that didn't have to have a
          definite negative bent at all...and that was obvious to me from your post----
          ---- and anyone reading any more into it, and on top of it "lashing out"
          (geez) is overreacting plain and simple.
          "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎