Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Meule
    Verbose Member
    • Nov 14, 2004

I'd rather pay $5 for a $1 Batmobile than wait a couple more months. And going to the store yourself costs money as well, so in the end you end up paying $5 anyway
    "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
      MeGoing
      • May 14, 2003

I have been pretty lucky. I look every time I go to the shops so now all my neices and nephews have one, and we play with them.

Recently I was at KMart and I overheard this kid, about 3 with his Dad. His Dad had to keep saying no, that's too much, and the kid couldn't decide. I had a Batmobile in my hands, and turned to the kid and said I bet you would love this one. OH YES he says. I winked to the Dad and said consider yourself lucky these are hard to find and he said he hadn't seen one like that since he was a kid. Anyway, I turned back to searching and picked up three more...they must have just unpacked 'em...felt like good karma.

Comment

• English Paul
        Archive cased.
        • Aug 17, 2005

I picked up 4 in Toys R Us today. The first i`ve seen in the UK. One for me to open, one to keep along with all my other Batmobiles, one for my son, and the other? Not sure yet but sticking it on Ebay seems wrong - it`s hardly going to make me rich and scalpers get my thumbs down so it`s not right doing it myself.
        "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• theantiquetiger
          Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
          • Nov 12, 2005

Originally posted by English Paul
          I picked up 4 in Toys R Us today. The first i`ve seen in the UK. One for me to open, one to keep along with all my other Batmobiles, one for my son, and the other? Not sure yet but sticking it on Ebay seems wrong - it`s hardly going to make me rich and scalpers get my thumbs down so it`s not right doing it myself.
          CUSTOMIZE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          sigpic

Comment

• English Paul
            Archive cased.
            • Aug 17, 2005

Originally posted by theantiquetiger
            CUSTOMIZE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Like this? This is a good custom....

What is the trick to splitting the body from the chassis, and what do you use to fix them back together again?

Or those needing more than one Batmobile

Last edited by English Paul; Jun 2, '07, 11:50 AM.
            "I should say I`m very much cleverer than any of the people who put me here. As a matter of fact, I could leave any time I wanted. It`s only a doll`s house after all. Anyway, I don`t mind. I like dolls" - The Mad Hatter, Arkham Asylum.

Comment

• theantiquetiger
              Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
              • Nov 12, 2005

To separate the body from the base, just use a very small drill bit, 1/16 (not sure what size that is in metric) or so. Drill in the center of the rivet and the body just falls off. I use JB WELD to hold the body back on, some customizers go as far as get replacement rivets and rivet gun to re-attach.
              sigpic

Comment

• Marvelmania
                A Ray of Sunshine
                • Jun 17, 2001

Wow Paul that's a beauty!

Comment

• MegomanJess
                  MegoHead
                  • Oct 9, 2003

If you look on ebay they are still only like a buck or 2.
                  ~~~ Jess ~~~
                  If you want an Action Jackson #1 card PM me with your mailing address. It might not go out ASAP but I will send you one.
                  http://actionjackson.wikia.com/wiki/Action_Jackson_Wiki

Comment

• Creaturella
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jun 12, 2006

I have combed numerous Walmart stores in our area and surrounding states and never found one on my own. Through the generosity of some online friends of mine from different forums, I was able to score 2 for myself and 3 additional Batmobiles for some other pals of mine. I am not a Hot Wheels collector either, but am a big Batman fan and those Batmobiles are just too sweet!!!!

Comment

• ramsey37
                      • Jun 18, 2001

I picked up four more Batmobiles at Wal-Mart today. If anyone's still in need of them, I'm letting them go for cost plus postage.
                      George

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎