X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theantiquetiger
    Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
    • Nov 12, 2005

Shopping for a new House

We started house shopping this week and have found a few we like, but there is one that we love. Since Hurricane Katrina, the prices in my area have sky rocketed in price. I paid $148K ($95 sq ft) five and half years ago for our house, and now my realtor has my house to go on market for $205K.

We are now in the market for a four bedroom house in the $300K range, and this is what we really like:

GBRAR.com

The only thing we do not like is the giant cell phone tower a couple hundred feet behind the house, but if they come off the price, we can live with it.

I have seen shows on HGTV and other cable channels where people are flipping houses. They are asking $600K for the tiniest homes. I was just wondering what a house like this runs in your area.
    sigpic
  • starsky
    veteran member
    • Aug 26, 2007

in the sf bay area, that house would run close to 1 million dollars!! you might want to consider the cel phone tower. it does constantly emit radio frequencies which might not be necessarily good for people. of course, they say it's within the government approved emission standard but who know what the long term effects are since cel phones have only become widely used since the late 80's. good luck with the house hunt!!

Comment

• UOBob
      Mostly Harmless
      • Jul 18, 2006

I was just wondering what a house like this runs in your area.
      If you could even find a detached home of that size here in Baltimore City, there's no way it would be less than a million. We paid 145k for our modest row home 3 years ago and when we refinanced last October, it appraised at 210k.
      мое судно на воздушной подушке полно угрей

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

The one I'm making an offer now is about $250,000 and it ain't even half of that,easily $1,000,000 in Miami as well

a condo in the beach would cost 2 to 3 times that
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• thunderbolt
          Hi Ernie!!!
          • Feb 15, 2004

Just wait a bit. The housing market is going to crash. Its already at a standstill here. Nothing's selling, and they are still building new stuff.
          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Hotfoot
            Dazed and Confused
            • Dec 30, 2007

Make sure it has room for all your toys!
            Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• theantiquetiger
              Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
              • Nov 12, 2005

Originally posted by Hotfoot
              Make sure it has room for all your toys!
              The bonus room above the garage is all mine for my toys and LSU displays. I told her she can get any house she wants as long as it has a bonus room.

The housing boom north of New Orleans/Lake Ponchatrain has really taken off. My sister just bought a tiny 1400 sq ft house in Mandaville for $250K. It would be around $150K here.
              Last edited by theantiquetiger; Jan 19, '08, 12:05 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                • Nov 27, 2006

That's a beautiful house bro,I would'nt even think about it twice if I had the money
                "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎