X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by MegoMark71
    I read that today as well. Dolphins will make a good run at him though, so don't worry D.
    yea I don't care if they don't get him, but I wanna know that they at least tried
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• megoscott
      Founding Partner
      • Nov 17, 2006

Originally posted by Hector
      Yeah, Harbaugh doesn't want Manning...he is really backing Alex Smith at this point.

The word around here is that Smith wants more money than what Sanchez got.

Harbaugh is wrong on this one...Smith is OK...but he ain't no Manning...not even 75% Manning...imagine a still healthy Manning directing the 49ers...I'll be making room for that sixth Super Bowl trophy at Niners' headquarters, lol.
      I'm not at all going to try to compare Alex to Peyton, but Alex played pretty well in the playoffs for the most part...and Manning has never been guaranteed trip to the Super Bowl...
      This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• MIB41
        Eloquent Member
        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by toys2cool
        word is he likes Denver...That sucks for Tebow, he doesn't deserve that...but that's the name of the game
        That shouldn't be surprising. Like I was saying, Manning is going to gravitate towards the camp that can give him the best options and hope for a successful transition. Elway is the obvious key here. Elway is in a position to champion his cause and give Manning what is necessary to succeed. Think about it. Manning running the offense with John Fox running the number one defense? The possibilities are endless. It's a potential powerhouse in the making. Bank on it. I have every reason to believe Denver will be making the announcement soon.
        Last edited by MIB41; Mar 12, '12, 8:41 AM.

Comment

• Adam West
          Museum CPA
          • Apr 14, 2003

I honestly don't think the Redskins made a stupid decision. I had to remind someone they traded 2 first rounders 2013 and 2014 plus a 2nd rounder this year...not three first rounders (the first round from this year is offset by picking #2 in the first round). They need a franchise QB desperately and everyone is calling them knuckleheads, but they needed to do something drastic. They did announce on local news that the Eagles were in talks with the Rams to move up to #2 and draft RG3 (why I don't know). They also insinuated that they are very close to announcing some other major acquisitions once the ink is dry through free agency deals. I think they are addressing their other needs but clearly they want a franchise QB and obviously think RG3 will be that person.
          "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
          ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Adam West
            Museum CPA
            • Apr 14, 2003

Just read an article which agrees with me (and I'm in the minority) that the Redskins made the right move. Something I never thought about but the article did point out is that by sealing the deal now and free agency opening tomorrow, players who normally wouldn't give the Redskins a 2nd look may be clamoring at the opportunity to play football with RGIII. Only time will tell. Most of my Redskins friends thinks it was a stupid move, but they have tried and failed at going all kinds of other routes. Might as well take a chance and see what happens.
            "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
            ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• jwyblejr
              galactic yo-yo
              • Apr 6, 2006

I don't get why they are saying Arizona is in the running. Weren't these so-called experts the ones saying Manning didn't want to go to an NFC team?

Comment

• Adam West
                Museum CPA
                • Apr 14, 2003

I think because he only spent significant time talking to two teams....Arizona and Denver along with his intent to make an announcement today or tomorrow.
                ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

You watch. Manning will make an announcement tomorrow he's going to Denver. I can virtually taste it. All the conditions are ripe. And if all of his strength is back by opening season, watch out. This team is going to be amazing. I feel sorry for Andrew Luck. But I won't feel sorry for all of the crap the owner of the Colts will take. Ew... It's going to get ugly up there.

Comment

• RickD
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 31, 2011

Be nice to have a talented QB back in Denver. I miss going to the games here! I refused to go to any of the games because of the stupid hang up on Tebow and the lack of respect the rest of the team was getting.

Comment

• jwyblejr
                      galactic yo-yo
                      • Apr 6, 2006

My local paper yesterday said Tony Dungy has Peyton is going to Miami. Says Manning is a creature of habit,hinting at the fact he already has a house there.

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

Originally posted by jwyblejr
                        My local paper yesterday said Tony Dungy has Peyton is going to Miami. Says Manning is a creature of habit,hinting at the fact he already has a house there.
                        Peyton had a house in Miami when he was playing at Indy. And he hasn't even met with the Dolphins.

Comment

• MegoMark71
                          Permanent Member
                          • Dec 18, 2008

I still have to disagree with you on RGIII. The signing isn't going to do a thing to make players want to play there with him. Redskins have so many holes they need to fill. Draft picks are the best way to do that. Every player in the league knows how bad the decision making there has been over the last 14 years. Redskins won't even be able to sniff a playoff bid till they rebuild. And they are in a monster division. They can't just throw millions of dollars at players anymore cause they don't have that kind of cap room. I think they are trying to fix a hole in a sinking ship with a screen door. Lots of pressure to put on a rookie QB with no offensive line. Please don't get me wrong, i'm not a Redskin fan but i don't dislike them like i do the rest of the teams in that division.

Comment

• Megospidey
                            Museum Webslinger
                            • Jul 26, 2006

My money is on Arizona. He and the coach are very good friends. Golfing buddies supposedly. Plus, Arizona is the perfect environment.

I'm still not sold on the fact that he is going to make a difference this next year wherever he goes. You don't come back from a neck injury like nothing has happened. It will be interesting to see how limited he is wherever he goes.

Comment

• Hector
                              el Hombre de Acero
                              • May 19, 2003

I think Manning is going to end up at either Real Madrid or Manchester United...

sigpic

Comment

• Hector
                                el Hombre de Acero
                                • May 19, 2003

Perhaps even the Lakers...

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢