Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adam West
    Museum CPA
    • Apr 14, 2003

It actually wouldn't be a bad thing for Tebow to stay in Denver (if egos are laid aside, etc.) and give him an opportunity to learn from the best. He could spend a year or two there and if Manning stays healthy, move to another team so could turn out to be a win/win for everyone involved.
    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
    ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• RickD
      Persistent Member
      • Aug 31, 2011

Originally posted by Adam West
      It actually wouldn't be a bad thing for Tebow to stay in Denver (if egos are laid aside, etc.) and give him an opportunity to learn from the best. He could spend a year or two there and if Manning stays healthy, move to another team so could turn out to be a win/win for everyone involved.

In a perfect world that would be good for Tebow. To learn from Elway and Manning. The best education any QB could get right there, but Elway is done with Tebow. They will ship him off in a trade

Comment

• spacecaps
        Second Mouse
        • Aug 24, 2011

Talk on the radio is that the most logical fit for Tebow is Jacksonville since he'll fill seats at the very least. Being in the NYC area, theres a lot of speculation that the Jets may have an interest as the back-up to Sanchez but I don't think that'll happen.

As for Denver landing Manning, one reporter said that mannings heart was in San Fran but his head was in Denver. Really it's a great fit for the Broncos because now they can get rid of a sub-par QB who happens to be a fan favorite without suffering any of the backlash of releasing such a glorified player and Manning will still be in the league of his choice and have a chance to win.

I wouldn't get too excited yet though about Manning because you still have to see where his skill level is at. How diminished of a player is he going to be after the injury or will he return to full strength. Eitherway he's probably not going to be the Manning of 3 or 4 years ago but I'm sure it'll help having Elway there since he knows a little something about being a successful QB at 38 years old.
        Last edited by spacecaps; Mar 19, '12, 3:38 PM.
        "Many Shubs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Sloar that day I can tell you."

Comment

• MegoMark71
          Permanent Member
          • Dec 18, 2008

Dang so it's official. I do think Tebow would do awesome in staying. What an offensive threat to have Tebow as an extra arm on the field. With Manning running the show and Tebow as some sort of slot back. The D on other teams would never know what was coming. Manning could hand Tebow the ball as he is an awesome runner, but the corner backs can't cheat and would have to stay back as Tebow could either run or throw it.

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by spacecaps
            Talk on the radio is that the most logical fit for Tebow is Jacksonville since he'll fill seats at the very least. Being in the NYC area, theres a lot of speculation that the Jets may have an interest as the back-up to Sanchez but I don't think that'll happen.

As for Denver landing Manning, one reporter said that mannings heart was in San Fran but his head was in Denver. Really it's a great fit for the Broncos because now they can get rid of a sub-par QB who happens to be a fan favorite without suffering any of the backlash of releasing such a glorified player and Manning will still be in a the league of his choice and have a chance to win.

I wouldn't get too excited yet though about Manning because you still have to see where his skill level is at. How diminished of a player is he going to be after the injury or will he return to full strength. Eitherway he's probably not going to be the Manning of 3 or 4 years ago but I'm sure i'll help having Elway there since he knows a little something about being a successful QB at 38 years old.
            yea the jags would've been the best fit but they have Gabbert and just signed Henne
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• MegoMark71
              Permanent Member
              • Dec 18, 2008

That sigh of relief heard around the world was John Elway. No way they keep Tebow as this now allows him to ship Tebow out of town. I would be shocked to see him stay.

Comment

• toys2cool
                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by MegoMark71
                That sigh of relief heard around the world was John Elway. No way they keep Tebow as this now allows him to ship Tebow out of town. I would be shocked to see him stay.
                they should trade him to GB since they lost Flynn and could use a WR...Gb has mad talent at that position

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Zemo
                    Still Smokin'
                    • Feb 14, 2006

I'm really surprised that he went to Denver. 49er's would have gotten him another ring for sure.

Comment

• megocrazy
                      Museum Trouble Maker
                      • Feb 18, 2007

Originally posted by Zemo
                      I'm really surprised that he went to Denver. 49er's would have gotten him another ring for sure.
                      That seems to be the most confusing thing among the experts. If he's only got 2 or 3 top years left, San Fran by far gives him the best chance of winning a ring. I don't see Denver building enough around him while he's still capable of winning it all. I believe he would have had a serious chance at a ring in SF.
                      It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
                        Museum Paramedic
                        • Aug 31, 2005

I'm from Indiana and have loved Manning for years. I was upset to see the Colts release him. I had hoped he'd go to the 49ers. But alas, he went to the Broncos. I think it will be all right.

At least, he didn't go to the Titans...nothing against them, but he doesn't have the time to help build a championship team with the Titans.

- Ian
                        Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• Marvelmania
                          A Ray of Sunshine
                          • Jun 17, 2001

Would have loved for him to have gone to the Titans or even SF but if he has to be another team in the AFC I'm glad it's Denver. They've got a tough schedule but a lot of talent and a good defense. I'm sure they'll be signing more people soon enough.
                          Tebow will land on his feet and be fine, he always does.

Comment

• Evel KMego
                            Museum Daredevil
                            • Apr 26, 2006

Hey Damian, Dolphins signed David Garrard. Not a bad move. Much better then what else was out there.

Comment

• toys2cool
                              Ultimate Mego Warrior
                              • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Evel KMego
                              Hey Damian, Dolphins signed David Garrard. Not a bad move. Much better then what else was out there.
                              I rather have Tebow

I guess this means he'll be backing up Moore and they'll just draft one

Comment

• Zemo
                                Still Smokin'
                                • Feb 14, 2006

Originally posted by toys2cool
                                I rather have Tebow

I guess this means he'll be backing up Moore and they'll just draft one
                                In my best Kramer voice "we stink"

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎