The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Urban Safari Hunting Hauls (Garage Sale, Thrift Stores, Craigs, Rummage...)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Splitty
    Career Member
    • Jan 25, 2012

Originally posted by Toyman_Chris
    Bats in your Belfry?! Dangit, that's cool.
    I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
      70's Era Pimp
      • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by Splitty
      Bats in your Belfry?! Dangit, that's cool.
      It works too! Awesome game. Scarred the poop out of me when the bats popped up!

Comment

• batmanrocks
        Career Member
        • Oct 20, 2004

Nice score!! I love cragislist, i have gotten few hits off there

Comment

• Peter Panda
          Museum Super Collector
          • Feb 7, 2012

anyone score this weekend?

Comment

• Splitty
            Career Member
            • Jan 25, 2012

Man, I've been too busy of late (until just now) to even take pics of the stuff.
            It's been really hard going so far this summer. Nothing but OODLES and oodles of g-sales with nothing but baby clothes and preschool toys. Oodles.
            And then two weekends it's rained, and apparently nobody has a tarp. However, I manage to score some stuff, although it feels like I'm paying higher prices than usual, but it's all good! Still under the resell radar! (or guilt keep radar)

This is the last two months worth (plus the last score I posted here). Detailed price breakdowns are in the pic links.

Evil teletubbies tub was only $1 !!! oh, I have plans. Evil plans.

Turtles run amok!!
            All turtles & accessories were only $5 for the lot! Animated Cryptkeeper $10 (a steal, this guy's rare), and everything else like .25 or less.

BOO-YA. Paid $5 ea for Final Fantasy Playart figs, which should over-pay for the $10 Kimahri statue (goes for $80 online!), so that means a FREE sweet Kinahri for me!!! Bag o' LUCHAS $1. That T2 bottle (.75!) is going to be a pencil holder shortly...

I paid $17 for all the vintage dolls and bags of 60s Barbie clothes, .25 ea for My Little Ponies, $1 Serta Lamb bobble, $2 sweet DVD, and $3 electronic Robot Chicken!! Being as the doll stuff is going to go for alot more, it's like I'm being paid to keep the Robot Chicken & DVD. And Serta lamb. Can't argue with that.
            Last edited by Splitty; Jun 28, '12, 9:19 PM.
            I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• 4NDR01D
              Alpha Centauri....OR DIE!
              • Jan 22, 2008

Hey Splitty, in case you don't already know. In with your MLP is Cha-Cha the Llama, it's pretty tough to find. I don't collect MLP, but have a soft spot for their "friends". You can probably get $25-$60 for that.

Comment

• Den82
                Career Member
                • Jan 17, 2011

MEGA SCORE SATURDAY.

Nintendo NES w/ 36 games. The best part? Bubble Bobble 2 was in there. The game sells on eBay for over $200 easy. Lot of good quality titles too.

Whole box = $10

Comment

• Toyman_Chris
                  70's Era Pimp
                  • Sep 7, 2011

Originally posted by Den82
                  MEGA SCORE SATURDAY.

Nintendo NES w/ 36 games. The best part? Bubble Bobble 2 was in there. The game sells on eBay for over $200 easy. Lot of good quality titles too.

Whole box = $10
                  I really need to move to NY. I can't believe some of the stuff you find....and the prices. Geesh!

Comment

• megomania
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jan 2, 2010

I loved Bases Loaded...great haul!

-Chris

Comment

• megocrazy
                      Museum Trouble Maker
                      • Feb 18, 2007

Actually all the games I can see are at least $7 too. DK and Mario Bros $10-$12. Adventures of Tom Sawyer, 1942, Beetlejuice all around $7 each. Nice haul. Karate Kid and WoF is $3-$4.
                      It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• Splitty
                        Career Member
                        • Jan 25, 2012

Originally posted by 4NDR01D
                        Hey Splitty, in case you don't already know. In with your MLP is Cha-Cha the Llama, it's pretty tough to find. I don't collect MLP, but have a soft spot for their "friends". You can probably get $25-$60 for that.
                        Wow, thanks! I did not know that.
                        Pics of the llama have always caught my eyeball, this is the first one I've seen in the wild, so that makes sense.
                        The friends are totally way cooler. I'm not much for ponies myself, but any Bushwoolies I come across are never leaving my possession!
                        Last edited by Splitty; Jul 10, '12, 9:39 PM.
                        I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• Splitty
                          Career Member
                          • Jan 25, 2012

Nobody else has any hauls yet this summer?

This is like 3 days worth spread out. And a lot of hard footwork and misses. Everytime I start whining about not finding anything, I find something!

Evil things and Cute things! My favorite.
                          Got ALL 3 AWESOME Assimilated borg and Nemesis Viceroy I've been wanting for a sweet $3 each!! The boxed McFarlane Covers Creech was $5. The WHOLE box of Ugly Dolls (and sock robot) were $5 total! Those (minus little ugly bunny ) should pay for everthing else, so FREE TOYS again!! The super cool rare Avon Somersault Mushroom plush only $1, other small doo-dads (including cheestastic bad 80s monster VHS movies) ..25-$1.00, 3 DVDs $2 each (Ragnarok anime, ROBOT JOX!, Metalocalypse seas 2!).
                          Stereo not included.

I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• justzeg18
                            Career Member
                            • May 5, 2003

Is that red uglydoll an icebat?

Originally posted by Splitty
                            Nobody else has any hauls yet this summer?

This is like 3 days worth spread out. And a lot of hard footwork and misses. Everytime I start whining about not finding anything, I find something!

Evil things and Cute things! My favorite.
                            Got ALL 3 AWESOME Assimilated borg and Nemesis Viceroy I've been wanting for a sweet $3 each!! The boxed McFarlane Covers Creech was $5. The WHOLE box of Ugly Dolls (and sock robot) were $5 total! Those (minus little ugly bunny ) should pay for everthing else, so FREE TOYS again!! The super cool rare Avon Somersault Mushroom plush only $1, other small doo-dads (including cheestastic bad 80s monster VHS movies) ..25-$1.00, 3 DVDs $2 each (Ragnarok anime, ROBOT JOX!, Metalocalypse seas 2!).
                            Stereo not included.

Comment

• Splitty
                              Career Member
                              • Jan 25, 2012

Originally posted by justzeg18
                              Is that red uglydoll an icebat?
                              I WISH! It would match my vinyl. It's actually the long-armed Abima. Still pretty neat.
                              I gots Toyyyyzzzzz

Comment

• justzeg18
                                Career Member
                                • May 5, 2003

After I asked that I looked at my icebat and realized the teeth didn't match up. Cool haul none-the-less.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎