Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

I really-really- really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really- really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really- really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really- really-really-really-really-really-really-HATE American Dad.

My idea of hell is being forced to watch just one episode of it

Comment

• palitoy
      live. laugh. lisa needs braces
      • Jun 16, 2001

American Dad has it's own charm, I don't cry "Dammit" when I miss it but I do admit to finding it extremely funny.
      Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
      http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

Only saving grace of American Dad is Patrick Stewart.

Comment

• BlackKnight
          The DarkSide Customizer
          • Apr 16, 2005

I personally was enjoying the Future-Rama-Thon,.. Since being layed off from work, it was my go too. I am glad they aired the Superhero one lastnight,.. it's one of my Favorite. Robot Chicken is cool,.. I like American Dad & Family guy.. Ben10 & The adventures of Billy & Mandy are the best toons on Cartoon Network, imo.

& I agree, all that Japanese horse _ _ _ _ ..that they air is just a serious bad choice imo. However somebodies watching it,.. the stuff gets more & more airtime with each yr.
          ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

Hey Mike---I have a friend out here in L.A. who doesn't really like AMERICAN DAD
            that much (altho' she never said she "hated" it) Can you ---or anyone else here----
            on this thread explain how someone can notably LIKE Family Guy but also notably
            NOT like American Dad? They seem like a very simillar humor to me---the only thing A.D.
            seems to "missing" that F.G. has, are the HUGE amount of non-sequitirs and pop culture
            references ... curiosity prompts me to ask that...
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• Mikey
              Verbose Member
              • Aug 9, 2001

American Dad.....
              I tried to watch it a few times.
              To me, it's just Family Guy with hack writing.

In a Flintstone world,
              It's basically The Jetsons..
              One season and good bye hack rip-off

m

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by type1kirk
                American Dad.....
                I tried to watch it a few times.
                To me, it's just Family Guy with hack writing.

In a Flintstone world,
                It's basically The Jetsons..
                One season and good bye hack rip-off

m
                I see.

I basically think that way about FUTURAMA and the SIMPSONS
                except kinda the opposite as SIMPSONS came first---and I actually
                like the SIMPSONS quite a bit---but I feel that FUTURAMA's writing
                seemed much deeper and just as funny to me as the SIMPSONS
                ---STILL as superior as I think FUTURAMA is to the SIMPSONS,
                that doesn't affect the fact that I thought BENDERS BIG SCORE
                was uncharacteristically bad by FUTURAMA standards ;(

Thanks for the explanation btw Mike

Personally, I think I like AD and FG about equal...but it seems most don't-
                --and prefer FG a lot----I thought maybe it was just because of STEWIE
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• palitoy
                  live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                  • Jun 16, 2001

I agree with you on Big Score Hue, it was kind of overblown and was a miss for me. I liked seeing the characters back and the story eventually played out well but it could have done with a trimming.
                  Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                  http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by palitoy
                    I agree with you on Big Score Hue, it was kind of overblown and was a miss for me. I liked seeing the characters back and the story eventually played out well but it could have done with a trimming.
                    Me and my friend/bassist also said "at least we got to see the gang again"
                    ---so, yeah, that seems to be the consensus: "nice to see the gang, but
                    the writing was a letdown"

I mean the whole time paradox thing was done before on FUTURAMA and
                    was much more clearcut and fun---I found myself "looking at my watch"
                    I was getting THAT bored at times---oh well

Not to mention the ending twist, well, I kinda guessed it halfway thru-
                    --and if the episode wasn't so long, I wouldn't've had to sit there---
                    basically knowing the ending--- for so long

Comment

• apes3978
                      Permanent Member
                      • Nov 19, 2005

I really-really- really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really- really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really- really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really- really-really-really-really-really-really-HATE American Dad.

It's a good show... And many people really-really- really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really- really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really- really-really-really-really-really-really-really-really- really-really-really-really-really-really-LIKE American Dad.

BUT Family Guy is better... Has always been, probably always will be the better of Seth's cartoon series...
                      Last edited by apes3978; Jan 2, '08, 2:17 AM.

Comment

• Johnny
                        Salty
                        • Oct 1, 2003

I love Family Guy. I found American Dad almost unbearable the first few viewings. Since then I have caught it several more times and it does have some amusing moments. Not even in the same league as FG though. The alien character is incredibly aggravating.

Still for me, even after all these years, nothing is more entertaining to me in the world of prime time animation than The Simpsons.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
                          Verbose Member
                          • Mar 7, 2004

American Dad is really hit or miss with me. I don't know what it is, but I just can't seem to care enough to watch it on a regular basis. If Family Guy is on I'll watch it. if American Dad is on, I'll only watch it, but only if nothing else is on. I'm not really sure why that is. I think it has to do with Family Guy's characters still ocassionally showing some redeeming qualities. AD is even more cynical and to me, less appealing because of it. Like it takes the FG humor a step farther than I find humorous.

Chris
                          sigpic

Comment

• Mikey
                            Verbose Member
                            • Aug 9, 2001

At first--- when American Dad premiered-- I thought it was a joke.
                            I didn't realize it was actually a new series.

To this day, I just can't get into it.
                            To me, it's just not funny or even clever.

Comment

• mitchedwards
                              Mego Preservation Society
                              • May 2, 2003

Here is the news of furturama. I got this off the gotfuturama website

After several years of regular showings on Cartoon Network's Adult Swim block, Futurama is about to move to Comedy Central. Starting January 2nd, the 72 episodes of the original Futurama run are going to be shown Wednesdays through Fridays between 8pm and 9pm ET. Comedy Central also holds the rights to show the 4 new Futurama movies with Bender's Big Score scheduled for the first quarter of 2008.

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• megocrazy
                                Museum Trouble Maker
                                • Feb 18, 2007

C'mon American Dad awesome. really,really,really,really,really,really,really,r eally,really,really,really,really,really,really,re ally,really,really,really,really,really,really,rea lly,really,really,really,really,really,really,real ly,really,really,really,really,really,really,reall y,really,really,really,really,really,really,really ,really,really,really,really,really,really,really, really,really,really,really,really,really,really,r eally,really,really,really,really,really,really,re ally,really,really,really,really,really,really,rea lly,really,really AWESOME!!!!!!
                                It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎