X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardyGirl
    Mego Museum's Poster Girl
    • Apr 3, 2007

I'm on 3 different Facebook pages...

...and I'm not even on Facebook! Weird, right?

Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Incompatible Browser | Facebook

(This one's about a video I did of one of my dolls. First post.)

Page Not Found | Facebook

(The BSG Lt. Zac figure)

Have any of you who aren't on Facebook had someone tell you that you're on there somewhere?
    "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
    'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
    Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
    If your mission is magic your love will shine true."
  • UnderdogDJLSW
    To Fear is Not Logical...
    • Feb 17, 2008

I usually have someone I knew from high school or college post things. I don't have any "skeleton in the closet" photos, so I'm cool.

We are such a transparent society these days, I would venture to guess that there must be at least a third of the total US population that one could find pictures of online.
    It's all good!

Comment

• Cmonster
      Banned
      • Feb 6, 2010

Originally posted by UnderdogDJLSW
      I would venture to guess that there must be at least a third of the total US population that one could find pictures of online.
      I'm willing to bet it's more than that-- I get several emails a month saying; "Hey dude, did you know there's a picture of you coming out of such and such restaurant on facebook (or whatever)?" I'll go look and sure enough, there I am... Totally bizarre and random. To me anyway, that stuff is pretty scary.

Firstly because of the obvious fact that the picture is there, and secondly (and even more frightening) is that there are people out there looking for pictures of you-- I dunno... Weird.

I also get pictures in the mail from time to time, asking to send them back with a signature, that I've never seen before. I'm talking about completely random stuff-- Like me coming out of the water with my surfboard at the beach or sitting in a car on the freeway. I 'm not kidding-- Totally crazy stuff.

What's even more bizarre that that:

The first time I met Sharry at the little get together in Oakland last year, I realized that I'd seen her picture before. Turns out, I'd seen her on some random Krofft fan page, with Johnny Whitaker. This was before I even joined the museum and knew who she was. Trippy stuff like that happens all the time in this internet driven world.

SC

Comment

• megoscott
        Founding Partner
        • Nov 17, 2006

Wow, Sharry, I'd wager that's the largest number of comments a custom Mego has ever gotten in any forum. 263 Comments, 824 people "Liked" it. Impressive! Of course, some of the comments are not positive, but who cares? You made a cool thing that people responded to.

So...um...can we post about that on the Mego Museum Facebook page?
        This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• johnmiic
          Adrift
          • Sep 6, 2002

Sharry, is the guy who runs the site, The Official Rick Springfield, calling your custom trash? I'm not sure what his meaning is.

There are some youtube videos of me. I don't know how that could be because I distinctly remember sending Acroray the extortion money.

I don't have another FB page but someone tried to steal my identity and started a FB page using my name. My last name has a distinct spelling; different from people named "Michaels". They even friended several former employees from work I knew. I told them it wasn't me via email but they didn't unfriend the page. It leads me to believe another co-worker is behind this. Otherwise how did they know who contact and add as friends?

Sandy, someone started a page for you but since you don't actually run it I'm not a member:

Sandy Collora | Facebook
          Last edited by johnmiic; Sep 8, '11, 1:48 AM.

Comment

• HardyGirl
            • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by MegoScott
            Wow, Sharry, I'd wager that's the largest number of comments a custom Mego has ever gotten in any forum. 263 Comments, 824 people "Liked" it. Impressive! Of course, some of the comments are not positive, but who cares? You made a cool thing that people responded to.

So...um...can we post about that on the Mego Museum Facebook page?
            Then, I'd be on a 4th page? Sure....why not? Post away!

Comment

• HardyGirl
              • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by johnmiic
              Sharry, is the guy who runs the site, The Official Rick Springfield, calling your custom trash? I'm not sure what his meaning is.
              Actually John, Rick himself posted that from his hotel room after I gave him that figure. No, he's not calling it trash. If you read it again, he does call it a COOL figure. I think he's referring to toy geeks who still live w/ their moms to get up and DO something.

Comment

• david_b
                Never had enough toys..
                • May 9, 2008

I'll have to check myself.., I have refused to do Facebook, and my wife tries to keep my name off, other than for a photo caption or something.

Yeah, I'm missing out on a few family discussions, but I'm ok with that.
                Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• samurainoir
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by johnmiic

Sandy, someone started a page for you but since you don't actually run it I'm not a member:

Sandy Collora | Facebook
                  that's actually just his Wikipedia entry. It appears that Facebook automatically generates pages for things with Wikipedia pages.

No wall posts or photos or the other things that typify the fan run or company/personality run pages created by individuals on Facebook.

Someone should start a fan page... I noticed that there was some Facebook support for the Shallow Water kickstarter campaign on FB, and it would have been cool for some kind of central FB hfor to promote his past/present projects. Perhaps an official Collora studios page.

Here's the Batman dead end fan page...
                  Shallow water Profiles | Facebook

There is a couple of Hunter/prey pages as well...
                  Hunter/prey Profiles | Facebook
                  Last edited by samurainoir; Sep 8, '11, 1:01 PM.
                  My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• Wee67
                    Museum Correspondent
                    • Apr 2, 2002

Its interesting that I know what many of you look like, would recognize you on the street but have never met you in person because of pictures on the net.

It also because I stalk most of you on rotating basis.

I have never posted a picture of myself beyond the age of 8 on FB, yet you can see me in high school, college and the various stages of hair loss since thanks to others posting them.
                    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• megoscott
                      Founding Partner
                      • Nov 17, 2006

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                      Then, I'd be on a 4th page? Sure....why not? Post away!
                      Awesome! It is done.
                      This profile is no longer active.

Comment

• torgospizza
                        Theocrat of Pan Tang
                        • Aug 19, 2010

Of course, some of the comments are not positive, but who cares? You made a cool thing that people responded to.
                        I just quickly looked through the comments, and it seems to me there are more people saying "I want one!" than there are people saying "It doesn't look like him!" Scott's right--people really seemed to like it, and it also seems like a fairly large group doesn't realize it's a custom. That's pretty cool!

Comment

• HardyGirl
                          • Apr 3, 2007

Awesome! It is done.
                          Cool beans, Scott! Thank you!

Comment

• HardyGirl
                            • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by torgospizza
                            I just quickly looked through the comments, and it seems to me there are more people saying "I want one!" than there are people saying "It doesn't look like him!" Scott's right--people really seemed to like it, and it also seems like a fairly large group doesn't realize it's a custom. That's pretty cool!
                            I know...and I find that sooo funny....that people think that Rick dug up this figure from an auction or Ebay or some such thing. That it's a vintage figure. But Rick and I know the truth. Eat your hearts out, Rick chicks!

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎