X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samurainoir
    Eloquent Member
    • Dec 26, 2006

Originally posted by Cmonster
    I had the McGratin thing when I was in Japan some years ago. It was called Gurakura or something like that-- From what I remember, it was pretty good. Kind of a ball of mac n cheese with potato and some kind of fish I think-- Not sure.
    Tiny little shrimp. The wife is vegetarian and while we in Tokyo, basically subsisted On rice, fruit and vega bars she brought from home. I bit into it and discovered it was Mac and cheese... She immediately grabbed it out of my hands and chowed down until her Vega-sense had her pulling a shrimp out of her mouth and then spitting the rest out.

Luckily we found a Quizno's near the Sony Building soon afterwards.
    My store in the MEGO MALL!

BUY THE CAPTAIN CANUCK ACTION FIGURE HERE!

Comment

• MegoMark71
      Permanent Member
      • Dec 18, 2008

I remember the pizza well. I grew up in Northwestern Connecticut and it was a test market item, i remember it being real cheap in quality.

Comment

• MegoMonk
        Career Member
        • Jan 22, 2007

Anyone remember the "Chop BeefSteak Sandwich"? It came out around the same time the McRib first appeared.

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
          To Fear is Not Logical...
          • Feb 17, 2008

^Yeah, I remember seeing that and having no interest in it. I remember seeing the McLobster back in '97 when my wife and I were visiting near Boston. Like the article said, the price tag made me turn away from trying it.
          It's all good!

Comment

• jwyblejr
            galactic yo-yo
            • Apr 6, 2006

I don't know why they have the Big 'N Tasty on the list. They even admitted it wasn't a failure. Now their Philly Cheese Steak sandwich is another story. That lasted,what a year at the most?

Comment

• Hector
              el Hombre de Acero
              • May 19, 2003

Oops...wrong thread...lol.
              sigpic

Comment

• huedell
                Museum Ball Eater
                • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by MegoMonk
                Anyone remember the "Chop BeefSteak Sandwich"? It came out around the same time the McRib first appeared.
                I think we're talkin VERY early 80s if not late 70s... the McDLT may be a time trip for you all... but a mention of the beefsteak sandwich---
                well, that's truly rare... and WHAT a time warp.

BTW... I ate ANYThing that was "new" on the menu... I was that kind of eater... still am.
                "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• HardyGirl
                  Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                  • Apr 3, 2007

What about the shakes they used to have? Not just the Shamrock shake (which I hate ), but there used to be an orange shake (kinda tasted like a creamsicle), and the raspberry shake (popular in 1984 when I worked at McD's). And didn't they have a blueberry shake during the bicentenial, (strawberry, vanilla and blueberry for red white and blue)?
                  "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                  'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                  Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                  If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• huedell
                    Museum Ball Eater
                    • Dec 31, 2003

Originally posted by HardyGirl
                    What about the shakes they used to have? Not just the Shamrock shake (which I hate ), but there used to be an orange shake (kinda tasted like a creamsicle), and the raspberry shake (popular in 1984 when I worked at McD's). And didn't they have a blueberry shake during the bicentenial, (strawberry, vanilla and blueberry for red white and blue)?
                    It made me REAL angry as a kid when they took away stuff off the menu but
                    NOTHING made me angrier than when they removed a milkshake flavor.
                    "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• cjefferys
                      Duke of Gloat
                      • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by samurainoir
                      With how ridiculously successful pan-Asian restaurants are in Toronto right now, I keep expecting a franchise to drop down any day now... Maybe out in Markham? They seem to have become popular in Hong Kong in recent years as well.
                      That would be awesome, it would probably do great business. I'd sure make the trip up there to eat.

What I'm really craving is that chain of sweet curry stands in Tokyo. I can't remember the name, but I'd be wandering around the red light district of Shinjiku looking for it late at night because the one on the other, more respectable side of the train station would close so early.
                      Hmmm, I've never seen those, but it sounds good! I've only been to the red light district of Shinjuku once. Not sure if the wife would let me go back, but it was a real interesting place.

Comment

• MIB41
                        Eloquent Member
                        • Sep 25, 2005

Thanks to this thread, I have thought about that McDLT all weekend! D*mn! I miss that dumb burger!

Comment

• Hector
                          el Hombre de Acero
                          • May 19, 2003

Mickey Dees now offers fruit smoothies...they are awesome...

sigpic

Comment

• HardyGirl
                            Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                            • Apr 3, 2007

Originally posted by Hector
                            Mickey Dees now offers fruit smoothies...they are awesome...

Nah...I make WAAAY better smoothies than McD's.
                            "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                            'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                            Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                            If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎