X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megoscott
    Founding Partner
    • Nov 17, 2006

Sports memorabilia arrested busted at convention for mail fraud

Bill Simmons visits the National Sports Collectors Convention in Chicago - Grantland

Busted! Nice to see some justice in the shady collectibles world.

Thanks to Megosteve for the link.
    This profile is no longer active.
  • megoat
    A Therefore Experience
    • Jun 10, 2003

Yeah, I read about this. I feel sorry for people who buy this stuff and get ripped off. Lucky for me I have zero interest in sports collectibles. I recently read an interesting book about the seedy underworld of sports collectibles. Apparently, fraud runs rampant in that business.....

Comment

• MegoSteve
      Superman's Pal
      • Jun 17, 2005

I would have loved to see that in person. So much fraud in the collectibles business goes completely unpunished.

Here's an article about the arrest, by the way:

Game Worn Dealer Arrested; Facing Mail, Wire Fraud Charges | Sports Collectors Daily

Comment

• megocrazy
        Museum Trouble Maker
        • Feb 18, 2007

Love seeing this. I am happy to give exceptions. I was in the sports collectibles market myself before the toy market. If you sell something you thought was real and find out it isn't and make good, you're clear in my book. It happens. It's happened to me and each time the dealer made good on it. But, if you try to resell said items, still representing them as original, you need to be put out of business and be fined or go to jail. It's no different than if you stole the money from them directly. These people are scum and need to be removed from the mix.
        It's not a doll it's an action figure.

Comment

• toys2cool
          Ultimate Mego Warrior
          • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by MegoSteve
          I would have loved to see that in person. So much fraud in the collectibles business goes completely unpunished.

Here's an article about the arrest, by the way:

Game Worn Dealer Arrested; Facing Mail, Wire Fraud Charges | Sports Collectors Daily
          wow he got busted nasty!! invisible ink? man good for the Postal service...job well done
          "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
          My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎