Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Top 4 Greatest and Most Influencial Tag Teams of All Time!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • megomania
    Persistent Member
    • Jan 2, 2010

The most INFLUENTIAL Tag Team of all-time are The Four Horsemen. Ric Flair, Tully Blanchard, Ole & Arn Anderson, JJ Dillon. End of discussion

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
      Career Member
      • Nov 27, 2009

Originally posted by megomania
      The most INFLUENTIAL Tag Team of all-time are The Four Horsemen. Ric Flair, Tully Blanchard, Ole & Arn Anderson, JJ Dillon. End of discussion
      No 4 Horsemen if their wasn't the Freebirds. Flair would be the first to tell you this.
      If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• megomania
        Persistent Member
        • Jan 2, 2010

Originally posted by Mego Superboy Prime
        No 4 Horsemen if their wasn't the Freebirds. Flair would be the first to tell you this.
        in·flu·ence 
        1. the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others:

I would argue that the Horsemen (who had many more lasting incarnations than the FFB) had more influence than did the FFB; the Horseman ran the NWA/WCW for many, many years. The FFB wrestled in the UWF for pete's sake.

Now, the Freebirds may have been more innovative (creating the first three-man tag team, etc) but influential?...I'd give it to the Horseman all day. Of course this is just my opinion.

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

The Machines

Comment

• Drzsmith
            Veteran Member
            • Jul 9, 2011

T he Horseman were the greatest,even though he wasnt with them long I think Barry Windham fit well with them.

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
              Career Member
              • Nov 27, 2009

in·flu·ence 
              1. the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others:

I would argue that the Horsemen (who had many more lasting incarnations than the FFB) had more influence than did the FFB; the Horseman ran the NWA/WCW for many, many years. The FFB wrestled in the UWF for pete's sake.

Now, the Freebirds may have been more innovative (creating the first three-man tag team, etc) but influential?...I'd give it to the Horseman all day. Of course this is just my opinion.

You answered your own argument. "Influence" is what the FFB did to all wrestling teams after them including the 4 Horsemen. Sure, they were never the most popular but they changed how a heel team should act, talk and create heat. Waaaaaaaaay more innovative and influential than just about everyone else. The Horsemen were just working off the blueprint that the FFB had already made. Sorry to burst your bubble but this is the truth. And of course they were going to be more popular, they were led by Ric Flair!!

But like I said before, no FFB, no 4 Horsemen.
              If you're a fan of old-school toys, toons and comics then my blog is the place for you!!!

Comment

• MegoSteve
                Superman's Pal
                • Jun 17, 2005

Not to get too picky with semantics, but the Four Horsemen were more of a wrestling stable than a tag team. Those on the list were known first and foremost as tag teams, whereas the Horsemen had members like Flair and Lex Luger that mostly wrestled singles.

If you are going to include stables, that opens a whole other can of worms and a different article entirely. Then you start getting into NWO, Hart Foundation, D-generation X, etc. etc.

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
                  Career Member
                  • Nov 27, 2009

But the FFB were a tag-team and a stable/gang combined. Not as big as other stables to come after them but they were the first.

Come on, how can they not be respected? They were so innovative and influential that it's amazing.

Comment

• BOTZWANA
                    spam
                    • May 28, 2009

And for someone that never watched the NWA or WCW how could they be influential? I started watching WWF in late 86 and the tag team that led the way for other teams was the Hart Foundation. Horsemen mean nothing to me. I never knew they existed until the WWF put out the Horsemen DVD. How could the Horsemen be first? The only stable I saw on My TV was the Heenan family. Far more imposing than Blanchard´s sunken chest...

Comment

• Duncan
                      Museum focus-groupie
                      • Jun 27, 2009

I'm OK with LOD & the Freebirds, but I'd probably add the R&R Express and some combination from the 4 Horsemen - maybe Ole & Arn. I also considered some Von Erichs...

Comment

• JDeRouen
                        Author of Small Things
                        • Jun 14, 2001

Harley Race and Larry "The Axe" Hennig, aka The Dolly Sisters.
                        --
                        Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• jwyblejr
                          galactic yo-yo
                          • Apr 6, 2006

Originally posted by BOTZWANA
                          And for someone that never watched the NWA or WCW how could they be influential? I started watching WWF in late 86 and the tag team that led the way for other teams was the Hart Foundation. Horsemen mean nothing to me. I never knew they existed until the WWF put out the Horsemen DVD. How could the Horsemen be first? The only stable I saw on My TV was the Heenan family. Far more imposing than Blanchard´s sunken chest...
                          Ah but three-fourths of the Horsemen made their way to the WWF when Flair jumped ship and took Arn and Tully with him.

Comment

• Mego Superboy Prime
                            Career Member
                            • Nov 27, 2009

Originally posted by BOTZWANA

LOL! I grew up watching the WWF and NWA as a kid. As much as I loved the Hulkster, The Road Warriors and Ric Flair were my GODS!!!

Comment

• livnxxxl
                              Megoholic RocketScientist
                              • Oct 23, 2007

The Legion of Doom/Road Warriors are my all time favorite. They totally ruled!

I am Iron Man!
                              Enjoy what you like, and let others enjoy what they like. (C) Azrak 2009

Too much space. Need more toys!

Check out the ever growing Mego like sized vehicles data base.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎