X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nostalgiabuff
    Muddling through
    • Oct 4, 2008

Paul McCartney rocked Yankee stadium

Went and saw Paul last night at Yankee stadium. great show. the man still rocks. even brought my 12 year old and she had an absolut blast. he played his usual standards, Let it Be, Hey Jude, Back in the USSR, Live and let Die, Band on the run, etc....but also mixed in a lot of stuff I have not seen him play live before.....Juniors Farm, Ob La Di, Ob La Da, And I love Her. He did like 5 encores and Billy Joel joined him for I saw Her standing there. he then closed with the Golden Slumbers medley.
  • Type3Toys
    Home Of The Type3 Body
    • Jan 18, 2005

Seen Paul twice, he is simply amazing, totally the "real deal". I came out of my skin when he played Hey Jude. About half way through the song I realized I was crying.
    Last edited by Type3Toys; Jul 17, '11, 10:45 AM.
    LOOK
    Action Figure Design & Prototypes
    For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
    To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

there is something so cool about 50 thousand people singing along to the song with you.

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Very cool,

Juniors Farm is one of my favorite solo Beatles songs

Comment

• Blue Meanie
          Banned
          • Jun 23, 2001

I am a HUGE McCartney fan...but I just couldn't justify paying $75 for nosebleed seats. I've seen him on every tour since '89 except for the last 2 tours. The last show I saw him was the 2004/5 tour. Paid $150 for a seat at MSG and that was the face value of the seat. He is still a GREAT performer and I would suggest anyone who hasn't seen him to try and see him on this tour...might be his last. He turns 70 next year...so it may be coming near the end for his touring days. My one grip is that he basically has chosen this tour to start doing some Wings stuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt_2TWsY_Eo

and one of my favorite Wings songs "Letting Go" :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx5c_...eature=related

Live from Rio 2010:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZQOX...8F8A4677992EBC
          Last edited by Blue Meanie; Jul 17, '11, 3:17 PM.

Comment

• mego maniac mark
            Career Member
            • Aug 3, 2010

I saw him at the garden back in late 80's. That was still one of the best concerts I have ever seen.
            mego's befo ho's

Comment

• kingdom warrior
              OH JES!!
              • Jul 21, 2005

I saw Paul at MSG back in 89 felt like i died and went to heaven....the man is an amazing performer. I wanted to go to the yankee stadium show but couldn't congrats!

Comment

• Joe90
                Most Special Agent
                • Feb 23, 2008

Originally posted by Blue Meanie
                I would suggest anyone who hasn't seen him to try and see him on this tour...might be his last. He turns 70 next year...
                Tempus Fugit...

I've never seen McCartney live. I've only seen him perform on television or on film. I plan on catching up with him, John, George& Ringo in the next go round, though.

This chat reminds me of the first time I saw him perform on television. It really was a life time ago... There are very few times in my life that I can vividly remember events that defined a period, and most of them are tragic. This one wasn't...

4 Youngsters From Liverpool

4 Scousers Part 2

Living in Canada we got the best of both worlds because Disney didn't air the same time as Ed Sullivan like it did down in the USA -- Ed came on right after Walt up here.

This Aired the Same Evening.
                90, Joe 90.... Great Shakes : Milk Chocolate -- Shaken, not Stirred.

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

It's amazing how well he still performs at his age. Incredible artist.

Comment

• david_b
                    Never had enough toys..
                    • May 9, 2008

I saw him a few times in Germany in '89. In Frankfurt (indoor concert), I was against the stage, dead center. Only 20ft away from Sir Paul. I remember hearing '20 Flight Rock' for the first time, you can tell when performers are doing their favs. Since then I started doing that at gigs as well.

GLAD to hear he's bring Wings stuff in. 'Juniors Farm' TOTALLY ROCKS.., STILL trying to get the intro riff down on my electric. Denny Laine was superb on that, as was Jimmy McCulloch (RIP).

Also wished they'd do more 'Comin Up'.., Laurence would do the entire trumpet part on guitar on rehearsals.

I'd get so sick of hearing 'Hey Jude' all the time. More 'I'm Down' PLEASE..!!
                    Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• clemso
                      Talkative Member
                      • Aug 8, 2001

I saw Paul play at Live Aid Wembley, terrible time for a mic to go

Comment

• david_b
                        Never had enough toys..
                        • May 9, 2008

Originally posted by clemso
                        I saw Paul play at Live Aid Wembley, terrible time for a mic to go
                        THAT would have been cool.. I still read some accounts about that day. Basically, Paul just got in his car and drove himself down to the site, no sound checks (obviously..), nothing. Just drove in, waited for the appointed time, and walked on. No entourage or anything. I still love how simple the guy can be at times.
                        Peace.. Through Superior Firepower.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                          Muddling through
                          • Oct 4, 2008

I saw Paul at MSG in '89 as well and that still ranks as one of my all time favorite concerts.

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
                            Muddling through
                            • Oct 4, 2008

he also played "I will"....which happens to have been my wedding song so the wifey was pretty stoked

Comment

• Type3Toys
                              Home Of The Type3 Body
                              • Jan 18, 2005

What do you expect from 1/4 of the best band of all time...Perfection!
                              LOOK
                              Action Figure Design & Prototypes
                              For Samples See Home -Type 3 Body & Spiderman
                              To Contact: type3toys@comcast.net

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍