• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brazoo
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 14, 2009

FutureTimeline.net

This is a pretty cool site someone posted on another forum I frequent:

Future Timeline | Technology | Singularity | 2020 | 2050 | 2100 | 2150 | 2200 | 21st century | 22nd century | 23rd century | Humanity | Predictions | Events

I think a lot of predicting future technology is kinda fruitless - for example nobody really predicted the internet and then even after the internet nobody predicted how popular social media would be - but it's fun to think about. There's also tons of really cool geological and cosmological info on this site.

It's all cross-referenced with articles - really cool reading if you're into this kind of thing.

"22,000 AD - The Chernobyl disaster site becomes fully safe"
    I'm buying up real estate now so I can cash in!!!!
  • Brazoo
    Permanent Member
    • Feb 14, 2009

To all you "2001: A Space Odyssey" haters -

- I dare you to read the "Beyond 10,000 AD..." sections of this site and not hear the Richard Strauss music from the 'universe tunnel' sequence in your head.
    Last edited by Brazoo; Jun 10, '11, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• Werewolf
      Inhuman
      • Jul 14, 2003

This kind of stuff is always good for spits and giggles. But they haven't got a clue what tech will be like in the future any more than people in the 60s who thought we'd be like the Jetsons by now and all have flying cars and jetpacks.
      You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

• Brazoo
        Permanent Member
        • Feb 14, 2009

A cure for baldness in 2012!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V64ht1r8APo

Comment

• torgospizza
          Theocrat of Pan Tang
          • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by Brazoo
          A cure for baldness in 2012!!!
          I'm not sure if that will help me refill the old dance card. Maybe once the anti-fat drugs kick in and I can download a new personality.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎