X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Karen-bionic-fan
    Banned
    • Feb 13, 2010

Omg Help Guys :( I Feel So Sad

In a nut shell iv ordered 300 pounds worth of stuff from e Bay last week from 5 different sellers , i was intending to pay today all them with pay pal but I went and got a statement from the bank and i dont get paid till next week :( omg what will i do? i am really terrified what will the seller say and will i get banned from e bay :( iv private messaged all the sellers telling them my situation and been honest with them I am i going to get into big trouble :( i feel like crying in fact i am ......my feedback is a 100% as well i am always good

please help or give me advice :(
  • clemso
    Talkative Member
    • Aug 8, 2001

Karen, by being upfront and honest, you've done all you can do, unless you can pay by CC.

Clem

Comment

• vintage spideyfan
      Web Wobbler
      • May 12, 2007

Originally posted by clemso
      Karen, by being upfront and honest, you've done all you can do, unless you can pay by CC.

Clem
      Yeah, not much else that can be done unless you pay by Credit Card. A lot of sellers are pretty understanding and hopefully will wait for you to get paid or make the proper arrangements. Best of luck.
      Looking for MOC Pocket Super Heroes...
      Good Trader List

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
        To Fear is Not Logical...
        • Feb 17, 2008

Yes, being up front is the only way to go. Do you have any funds right now that you can pay for some items or is the 5 sellers that you mention definitely all of the folks you owe? If you do have a credit card, then I would clear the debt with that and then on Payday next week go right online after you cash your check and pay the card immediately.
        It's all good!

Comment

• YANOULI
          Part-Time Timelord
          • Jan 9, 2006

A similar thing happened to me on a couple of occassions a few years ago, mind you it was only one seller and nowhere near that amount.
          ( there were some direct debits that went out which i'd forgotten were due and it left me a little short )

Both times i contacted the sellers and told them i tried to pay but there was a problem with my paypal account and it would take a few days to resolve it. They were ok about it.

Don't you get a week to make payment anyway?
          " But you can't kill me, i'm a Genius "

Comment

• UnderdogDJLSW
            To Fear is Not Logical...
            • Feb 17, 2008

Oh, and I'll add...Don't be sad or cry over this. I'm sure these sellers have probably had a buyer do mean things like say an item came in damaged or try and do the ol' "I never got it" routine. So, I'm sure that someone being mistaken on funds and being honest about it, is the least of their worries. And if they do get upset, you don't really know them anyway, so you will not see these people or live with these people. All is good.
            It's all good!

Comment

• ODBJBG
              Permanent Member
              • May 15, 2009

Any reasonable seller usually gives you 7 days minimum. I know some get a little testy if you don't pay right away, but unless the auction states it, you can take your time. Letting them know it'll be a bit is the best way to go, though.

Comment

• Karen-bionic-fan
                Banned
                • Feb 13, 2010

Hey updated iv paid 4 of them with a card the lowest amounts and contacted the seller who i owe 195 pounds to ( iv ordered from him before loads of times) he was very kool about it and thanked me for being honest so i will pay him next week , dont know why my pay is not in must be becomes of the holidays or maybe i have added dates up wrong , I was really panicking

out of interest what if one had got mad? and i said i could not pay until Monday is there anything they could do really? my feedback is a 100% always has been ..

and again thanks guys for the help u rock

Comment

• wolfie
                  Persistent Member
                  • Dec 31, 2007

I've allways found with sellers on ebay ( and people in general for that matter ) that if you keep them informed of what is going on and what you are doing about it you never have a problem.

The trouble comes from those buyers that buy stuff and then just ignore paying with no contact at all.

Comment

• alex
                    Permanent Member
                    • Jun 15, 2009

They cant do anything really, not even leave U negative feedback, and ebay wouldnt close U down either. The sellers may open cases against U, but U can always respond to them, that ebay will see.

Comment

• vintage spideyfan
                      Web Wobbler
                      • May 12, 2007

Originally posted by Karen-bionic-fan
                      out of interest what if one had got mad? and i said i could not pay until Monday is there anything they could do really? my feedback is a 100% always has been ..
                      In regards to feedback, sellers are no longer able to leave negative or neutral feedback.

Again, communication is key. I usually state in my listings that I expect payment within three days of the listing's closing, but have waited as long as two weeks after communicating with the buyer and working out the finer points. Best of luck.
                      Looking for MOC Pocket Super Heroes...
                      Good Trader List

Comment

• Fire Marshal Bill
                        Career Member
                        • Jul 25, 2010

Sounds like you have it worked out now...... but in the future maybe you could look in to the Bill Me Later option through Paypal. They always have no payment for 6 months deals going, etc.
                        Vintage Toy Rescue
                        1614-B N State Hwy 161
                        Grand Prairie, TX 75050
                        (972) 740-4424

www.vintagetoyrescue.com

Comment

• Karen-bionic-fan
                          Banned
                          • Feb 13, 2010

Originally posted by Fire Marshal Bill
                          Sounds like you have it worked out now...... but in the future maybe you could look in to the Bill Me Later option through Paypal. They always have no payment for 6 months deals going, etc.

Yes each seller was nice about it i just started to panic and go ape glad its sorted ...

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎