X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mego73
    Printed paperboard Tiger
    • Aug 1, 2003

TV shows on Netflix streaming

Some of the ones I added anyway. Complete runs for the most part (sometimes the odd episode is not available for streaming) some, like Andy Griffith and Twilight Zone are high definition.

Thriller
    Hawaii Five 0
    Rocky And Bullwinkle
    Mission: Impossible
    Godzilla 70's cartoon
    South Park (up to season 12)
    The Munsters
    Addams Family
    The Dick Van Dyke Show
    Emergency!
    The Rockford Files
    Flipper
    Saturday Night Live ( you can add it by decades: the original 70's Not ready for prime time players shows are mostly all there and mostly complete, the 80's,90's and 00's have a lot of incomplete, shortened shows but the latest current shows go up, usually complete a few days after broadcast)
    Beavis And Butthead (non music video versions)
    The Incrdedible Hulk
    The Twilight Zone
    The Andy Griffith Show

[email protected]
  • mazinz
    Persistent Member
    • Jul 2, 2007

I am not on netflix, but it is getting my attention for the amount of films and such they have on it that have no (at least US) dvd release. How do they look? Are they full of digital artifacts (like divx crap) or do they actually look good?
    "What motivated him to throw a puppy at the Hells Angels is currently unclear,"

Starroid Raiders Dagon wrote "No Dime Store Monster left behind"

Comment

• thunderbolt
      Hi Ernie!!!
      • Feb 15, 2004

Also, Cheers, 70's Show, 3rd Rock, Rat Patrol, Dark Shadows, Larry Sanders
      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• thunderbolt
        Hi Ernie!!!
        • Feb 15, 2004

For some reason, season 4 of Twilight Zone is missing.
        You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Mikey
          Verbose Member
          • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by thunderbolt
          For some reason, season 4 of Twilight Zone is missing.
          Season 4 is the hour ones

Maybe they think they're less popular

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
            valar morghulis
            • Mar 8, 2005

Netflix will also start streaming Star Trek shows this summer.. I don't own any of the DVDs, so that'll be nice. I finally bought a B-R player, and my router is right at the TV, so it works out great..

Netflix Update: All Star Trek TV Series To Begin Streaming In July | TrekMovie.com

Netflix confirmed they will be streaming every episode of every season for all five live-action Star Trek series: the original Star Trek, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: Voyager, and Star Trek: Enterprise. TOS, TNG, Voyager and Enterprise will all become available on July 1st. DS9 will launch on October 1st. TOS and Enterprise will be available in HD. The only Trek TV that Netflix will not be streaming is Star Trek: The Animated Series from the 70s, as that show was not included in the CBS deal.

Comment

• C.H.O.A.M.
              learning all the time
              • Sep 15, 2010

Originally posted by mazinz
              I am not on netflix, but it is getting my attention for the amount of films and such they have on it that have no (at least US) dvd release. How do they look? Are they full of digital artifacts (like divx crap) or do they actually look good?

In my experience, picture quality is quite good. Not 1080p bluray quality, but if you're streaming old tv shows that's to be expected. Obviously, the better the source material, the faster your connection, the better the picture.
              For the $8 or so a month, unlimited streaming is a no brainer.

Comment

• Brad
                Batman Fanatic
                • Aug 20, 2010

We have really enjoyed having Netflix. We don't pay for the DVD in the mail version, just the streaming stuff. And on our Vizio Razor the picture quality looks great! No complaints at all and it streams flawlessly.

I was watching Ren and Stimpy last night after Maggy went to sleep.
                "Never take a person's dignity: it is worth everything to them, and nothing to you." - Frank Barron

Comment

• thunderbolt
                  Hi Ernie!!!
                  • Feb 15, 2004

Great news about Trek.

Comment

• thunderbolt
                    Hi Ernie!!!
                    • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by Mikey
                    Season 4 is the hour ones

Maybe they think they're less popular
                    It took them a couple days or so to add season 2, so maybe its an oversight or its on its way.

Comment

• mego73
                      Printed paperboard Tiger
                      • Aug 1, 2003

You have to have a good connection but the quality is good and I do it from wi-fi to the TV.

The thing is that with some of the obscure movies they offer that are not on DVD they will sometimes use a older transfer meant for videotape. Not a big deal to me, but it happens. But also there is also the movies that are not on DVD that have nice 16:9 or even HD transfers.

[email protected]

Comment

• Tothiro
                        Kitten Mittens
                        • Aug 28, 2008

Kolchak the Night Stalker as well... Super awesome.

I WAS bummed that Gymkata is dvd only though :(

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎