Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Goblin19
    Talkative Member
    • May 2, 2002

Very creepy, indeed. My son will definitely sit this out. I'm with Brian. I can't wait to take the kid to see Fantastic Four 2, though I didn't care for the first.

Comment

• joshvox
      Clown Prince of Crime
      • Mar 21, 2006

I am not a father, but if I were, I also would not let my young child go see this movie. But, if they turn out to be a batman fan in the future, they will certainly appreciate a very well done "dark" batman movie. Eventually they will get to enjoy it just like we will, even if it is not appropriate right now.

Comment

• Hulk
        Mayor of Megoville
        • May 10, 2003

Its pretty darned cool they are making major Superhero movies targeted at adults, who have come to expect some fairly adult story lines from the characters they grew up with. I'd feel sorry for my kid if I had one, but I'd just let him (or her) watch all the animated stuff, or dust off my vcr and my copies of the Keaton era films, get a babysitter and run to the movies.

Comment

• Vortigern99
          Scholar/Gentleman/Weirdo
          • Jul 2, 2006

As a grown man with no responsibilities to any small children, I nonetheless object very strenuously to this depiction of the Joker.

I love BB and I love Heath Ledger. However, this picture is NOT the Joker of the comics, but -- what? -- some kind of hideous survivor of a vicious slashing attack. The true essence of the Joker is not that he smiles because of some horrible scar -- like the Nicholson Joker from 1989 -- but because he is demented and believes the sickest events to be humorous. In short, the Joker smiles by choice.

BB is such an excellent film partly because it is utterly true to the Batman of the comics from 1968 - present. This false Joker is a sad derailment from that authentic approach.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎