• spaceace35
    Career Member
    • Feb 1, 2008

sports memorabilia help needed

are there any here
    please pm me i need help pricing an item

its a patriots ben coates personal garment bag
    its official patriots item. also signed by him and embroidered by the team
    its a one of a kind item given to him by the team not something anyone can buy
    Rockin Rebels
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

I guess it depends, Ben Coates doesn't command much money, now if it would be Tom Brady then you got something..It's still a cool item and something a pats fan would love...

I know what you're talking about cause I've seen my bro in law Marty Booker's items and he has stuff like that from the Dolphins,Bears and Falcons

His Miami & Falcons stuff no one would pay much for but they do for his Bears stuff....
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• spaceace35
      Career Member
      • Feb 1, 2008

so any guess what i should say for an amount? i was his neighbor for a while and also got a signed pair of his adidas and numerous cards signed
      Rockin Rebels

Comment

• Adam West
        Museum CPA
        • Apr 14, 2003

Hard to say. I can go on the Reskins site and buy a game used Chris Cooley Jersey for $750 (he is one of the most popular Redskins).

I could see a die hard Patriots fan paying a couple of hundred for the garment bag. I don't think the autograph is going to add much of a premium to it. The Adidas (I presume cleats again maybe a couple of hundred dollars). The cards....probably $10. He was a really good player but I don't know if he racked up enough stats to make him a HOF contender. If he is a HOF contender, I'd probably hold onto it and sell it afterwards. The price would immediately shoot up from there. I have a game worn David Beckham jersery with the L.A. Galaxy that I paid $500 and think it's worth $1,000 and I realize we're talking about two completely different sports but Beckham is a household name even among non-soccer fans. I would think Jerseys, helmets, etc. would command the most money and then items like bags, shoes, etc down from there. Just my best guess but again, get a couple of die hard Patriots fans out there bidding and you never know.
        "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
        ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• spaceace35
          Career Member
          • Feb 1, 2008

yeah hes in the patriots hall of fame with 12 other members but who knows if he would ever be a contender for the nfl hall of fame
          i was actually thinking maybe 200
          the adidas are sneakers not cleats
          may have a friend put it on ebay if this guy isnt interested in goin that high

if you think about it how many game used jerseys are out there from a player vs a team issued personal garment bag.

thanks for the help
          Rockin Rebels

Comment

• toys2cool
            Ultimate Mego Warrior
            • Nov 27, 2006

yeah I was thinking maybe $200 tops if you had some sort of proof, maybe a pic of him holding it? the memorabilia world is one of about 85% fakes so even though we know it's real some might not see it that way

without any COA or proof maybe $100? still a cool piece and something you might wanna hang on to, I don't think he's a HOM'er but he was really good
            "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
            My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Adam West
              Museum CPA
              • Apr 14, 2003

$200 sounds reasonable to me if you are working out a private deal....you just never know with this type of stuff. I agree with you that there are more jerseys than a one of a kind item like a garment bag but I think most sports memorabilia collectors would be more interested in a jersey (my opinion). Good luck and hope it works out.
              "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
              ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• theantiquetiger
                Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
                • Nov 12, 2005

Me, being a sports collector, I like odd things like this bag. Everyone has jerseys, helmets, etc, so I grab oddball stuff. Like they said, it will not bring much, especially if the bag was available to the public as well. If you can find a hard core Pats collector (and there are many), I can see $100-$200 for the bag and shoes together.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎