• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justzeg18
    Career Member
    • May 5, 2003

info needed on USPS Dc superhero print

Hey all,

My neighbor is asking me to see what i can find out on this print he has, as he is wanting to sell it and can't find any info for it anywhere.

Does anyone here have knowledge of stamp promos?

it's from the 2006 DC stamp set, here's the pic he sent me:

Didn't give me a lot of info, so if you have questions let know and I can ask him.

he says it originally sold for around 100.

I guess he's just looking to see if these things hold interest now-a-days and what he could reasonably expect to try and get out of it.

My suggestion was to put it on eBay and let it ride if he just wanted to unload it, but he seems to want to know more about it first.

Any info or opinions would be great.

Thanks for any help.

-Justin Z-
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

That's kind of weird to have Plastic Man in there with them

Neat

Comment

• Adam West
      Museum CPA
      • Apr 14, 2003

There was a Plastic Man stamp issued in the series. I don't know if your neighbor bought it directly USPS. I have seen framed prints like these in our local post office. They generally don't sell like hotcakes but this one might draw some additional interest because of the subject matter. I have been collecting stamps off and on for most of my life and really can't think of many recent stamp type items that are worth more than the stamp values. The only one that comes to mind was the Wild West Series when they accidentally printed the wrong face of one of the cowboys. It was recalled and the USPS had a lottery for the misprints. I happened to win and have a set. They also have a few hard to find series that have been printed over the years in small amounts to commerate a stamp expo or something like that but the D.C. stamps had a lot of them printed and so many out there that they are more just an interesting stamp set to own.
      "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
      ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• MegoSteve
        Superman's Pal
        • Jun 17, 2005

That's definitely a neat piece... beautiful framing and matting job there. I have a Superman one that they sold in a mat with a small print and not framed.

To be honest, if he paid $100 for it, I'd be shocked if he got his money out of it.

Comment

• justzeg18
          Career Member
          • May 5, 2003

Originally posted by MegoSteve
          That's definitely a neat piece... beautiful framing and matting job there. I have a Superman one that they sold in a mat with a small print and not framed.

To be honest, if he paid $100 for it, I'd be shocked if he got his money out of it.

Honestly, that's been my stance on it since he told me what it cost him.

Comment

• almitysufx
            Persistent Member
            • May 27, 2004

i have the Batman version. Got it for fathers day a few years back . I remember seeing them at the post office and thinking "Cool, but who would be crazy enough to spend $100 for one" So when I got it, it drove me nuts knowing how much it cost.

Comment

• starsky
              veteran member
              • Aug 26, 2007

i remember seeing those in the usps. they were selling for about $95. i believe they came out around 2006 ish.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎