X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LonnieFisher
    Eloquent Member
    • Jan 19, 2008

I found a video that has me worried.

Here's a link to a video posted on youtube six months ago. This video is SIX months old!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2cxV...eature=related
    It says we were going to have a March Japan Quake!!! And now it says I'm getting a 9.0 quake where I live really soon...
  • RG
    Removed.
    • Oct 1, 2004

yeah not fun... my friend follows earthquakes ... it's not sounding too good for us on the west coast ... also something it connected to Mt. Hood. the high ups know a bit more ... but not when it will happen so they like to keep us common folk in the dark since not much anyone can do.

Comment

• Hector
      el Hombre de Acero
      • May 19, 2003

The video generalizes...plus the title of the youtube video was indeed changed to Japan after the fact.

The date of this massive earthquake is really never mentioned.

It says off the coast of Oregon.

It says El Cumbre Volcano in the Canary Islands will erupt and cause massive destruction....and destroy both Europe...and the Eastern United States. 20 million dead.

Again...what does have to do with Japan?

There's zero mention of Japan in the video itself.

Nothing but generalization of a 9.0 earthquake...which is part of Earth's geological history.

This video is a bunch of hogwash....not scary or worrisome...just annoying.

P.S. That apocalyptic background music is annoying as heck too...and I just wanna slap the faces of those two ******bags yapping like little idiots...

Last edited by Hector; Mar 22, '11, 2:49 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

People tend to panic when natural disasters happen...and yes...scary to us living when it happens...but it's work as usual from mother nature...we are actually living in a very calm Earth right now...this planet's history has been much more violent...earthquakes, tsunamis, volcano eruptions...heck...shifting of entire continents like the break off of the giant supercontinent Pangaea...plus the earth was much hotter in its early days...oxygen was different too...plus massive asteroid hits...and on, and on, and on...

This is really nothing in the whole scheme of things.
        sigpic

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by LonnieFisher
          It says we were going to have a March Japan Quake!!!
          Aside from the title (which was indeed changed after the fact)...

Can you please tell me where it says that in the video?

I might have missed that part.
          sigpic

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Yes...earthquakes and tsunamis are awful...many people die...many people suffer...but they are not planetary killers...asteroids and comets are...and those two are the ones that really worry me...especially asteroids...because there are more of them than comets...and are closer to us...they are also dark...not luminous like comets...so it's harder to keep track of the trajectory of asteroids.

An asteroid the size of a mountain hitting Earth will be the end of us...I hope by the time one is on its way...we have the technology to somehow destroy it...or at the very least...change its course.
            Last edited by Hector; Mar 22, '11, 2:48 AM.
            sigpic

Comment

• Hotfoot
              Dazed and Confused
              • Dec 30, 2007

12-21-12
              December 21 2012, The official Website for 122112 Information
              Too many toys. Not enough space!

Comment

• RG
                Removed.
                • Oct 1, 2004

the big one will get us ... it's coming ... but why worry ... not like we can do much about it. Like my friend who is into following earthquakes and is a professional geologist. Sure they find out connections and info that leads to help them get ideas of what's going on and other events that connect. but nothing can be done ... mother nature is the boss. like even if they knew even a year in advance, how could they move the whole population that would be in harms way? they'd have to pick and choose, which would be a bigger problem in ethics than just letting the masses face the earthquake. It's going to happen ... we can't stop it, just like someday we will die anyway ... live life to the fullest and hope you don't die on the toilet

Comment

• MIB41
                  Eloquent Member
                  • Sep 25, 2005

I don't believe in fortune tellers. It's the oldest gimmick in society today. If any of them were real, they would all be retired off their lottery earnings alone. And anyone who ever gets a "prediction" right is just plain lucky. It's the law of averages. If you throw enough "sheet" out there, eventually some of it will stick.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                    OH JES!!
                    • Jul 21, 2005

Why Worry we're ALL gonna die anyway no one escapes it........enjoy what you have, go hug a cat you'll feel better and so will the cat......
                    Last edited by kingdom warrior; Mar 22, '11, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
                      OH JES!!
                      • Jul 21, 2005

Have a coke and a smile
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU

Comment

• Hector
                        el Hombre de Acero
                        • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by MIB41
                        I don't believe in fortune tellers. It's the oldest gimmick in society today. If any of them were real, they would all be retired off their lottery earnings alone. And anyone who ever gets a "prediction" right is just plain lucky. It's the law of averages. If you throw enough "sheet" out there, eventually some of it will stick.
                        Exacto Mundo, lol.
                        sigpic

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                          Eloquent Member
                          • Jan 19, 2008

HAARP! Study and learn...

Comment

• Cmonster
                            Banned
                            • Feb 6, 2010

Originally posted by MIB41
                            Well said.

SC

Comment

• Werewolf
                              Inhuman
                              • Jul 14, 2003

That's media scare tactics and misinformation to gets ratings, sells books and movies. The Mayans did NOT have a doom's day prophecy and did not think the world ends on Dec 2012. One calendar cycle ends and another begins. That's it.

"Just as the calendar you have on your kitchen wall does not cease to exist after December 31, the Mayan calendar does not cease to exist on December 21, 2012. This date is the end of the Mayan long-count period but then -- just as your calendar begins again on January 1 -- another long-count period begins for the Mayan calendar."

http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html

This end of days crap is really getting annoying. It's also in REALLY poor taste when this or that nut group dooms day cult on the internet exploits a disaster, like in Japan, to promote their crazy beliefs.
                              Last edited by Werewolf; Mar 22, '11, 12:25 PM. Reason: typos
                              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎