X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toysrus
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 23, 2007

Whitesnake(Band) new cd samples

Any Whitesnake fans here? I know, they are way past their prime, but so am I. Here are the samples off their upcoming CD. For their age ,sounds decent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajRsDYos_CY
  • torgospizza
    Theocrat of Pan Tang
    • Aug 19, 2010

I loved them around the Slide It In period. Talk about some great guitarists: John Sykes, Adrian Vandenberg, Vivian Campbell, Steve Vai...amazing the talent they had. I'll check it out, for sure.

Comment

• MIB41
      Eloquent Member
      • Sep 25, 2005

I LOVE Whitesnake! Pretty cool songs too. My favorite album is probably 'Slide it in' and then the big commercial success of their self-titled LP that contained one of the greatest rock songs of all time - Still of the Night. If I ever want to feel young again, THAT is the song I put on. It just takes me there. I can close my eyes and feel the chill in the air on those weekend nights when we went out cruising or to a nearby park with some Jim Beam and something to chase it with. This song was blaring. Great times!

Comment

• toysrus
        Persistent Member
        • Aug 23, 2007

I agree! Same here- Slide it in and Whitsnake( 1987)- I remember that clearly myself. Open house partys, girls, booze, fights-lol. Good times. Coverdale is old now, but again, sounds like decent samples.

Originally posted by MIB41
        I LOVE Whitesnake! Pretty cool songs too. My favorite album is probably 'Slide it in' and then the big commercial success of their self-titled LP that contained one of the greatest rock songs of all time - Still of the Night. If I ever want to feel young again, THAT is the song I put on. It just takes me there. I can close my eyes and feel the chill in the air on those weekend nights when we went out cruising or to a nearby park with some Jim Beam and something to chase it with. This song was blaring. Great times!

Comment

• Random Axe
          The Voice of Reason
          • Apr 16, 2008

Still of the Night has THE best riff in all of rock. Very cool tune. The rest of the s/t album is strong too. I've not liked anything from them since. Sykes was the best guitarist they had. Too bad that went south before the tour, which I saw with Vandenberg/Campbell.
          I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Cosmicman
            Permanent Member
            • Jul 12, 2005

The new CD sounds good. The last one they did in 2009 (Good To Be Bad) was what brought David Coverdale back from the retirement. That boy can still sing!!
            Hey Anthony I ordered it on LP.
            More custom Mego madness on Facebook right here...

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎