X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vortigern99
    Scholar/Gentleman/Weirdo
    • Jul 2, 2006

Originally posted by ABMAC
    Henson was always careful to give credit for Sesame Street to the Children's Television Workshop. He and his crew built the Muppets and operated them, but they followed scripts written by CTVW, and had no part in the non_Muppet content of the shows.

So, you're saying that, for example, Frank Oz and Jim Henson did not contribute to the script of a Bert and Ernie skit? You may be right, but I find that hard to believe.

Comment

• MegoGeek
      From The Black Lagoon
      • Jun 27, 2001

It's really sad in this day and age that parents and teachers have such low-esteem that they feel that a specific few minutes of TV show can have more of an influence on the kids than the hours and hours they spend with them.

Since kids are so impressionable maybe we should make them watch TV shows where people help the environement, work with the handicapped, or try and find cures for diseases.
      ______
      ChArLiE

Comment

• ctc
        Fear the monkeybat!
        • Aug 16, 2001

>It's really sad in this day and age that parents and teachers have such low-esteem that they feel that a specific few minutes of TV show can have more of an influence on the kids than the hours and hours they spend with them.

Well.... I'm convinced it's more the producers wanting to distance themselves from ANY possible legal action. Cookie Monster isn't censured 'cos they're concerned about the kids; it's more like they don't want anyone suing them over little Timmy being overweight.

Don C.

Comment

• saildog
          Permanent Member
          • Apr 9, 2006

I read the title and thought maybe there was a version coming out with characters like "Nookie Monster".

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎