X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mitchedwards
    Mego Preservation Society
    • May 2, 2003

More recalled toys

About 175,000 Curious George Plush Dolls were recalled Thursday, becoming the latest popular toy made in China found to be contaminated with dangerous levels of lead.

Manufactured by Marvel Toys, of New York, N.Y., the Curious George dolls contain excessive levels of lead in their surface paint, according to the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

Although no reports of illnesses connected to this product have been reported, lead is toxic if ingested by young children. Children's products found to have more than 0.06 percent lead accessible to users are subject to a recall.

The recalled dolls have a plastic face and are sold in five different models, including "birthday," "fireman," "sweet dreams," "tool time" and "tool time with a soft face." They were sold with Curious George story or activity books at toy and discount department stores nationwide from December 2005 through August 2007.

Consumers can contact Marvel Toys at 800-352-2064 or visit Auto-Forward for regcen.com for more information and to receive a full refund.

About 51,000 Children's Fashion Sunglasses, imported and distributed by Dolgencorp Inc. of Goodlettsville, Tenn., were also recalled Thursday because of dangerous levels of lead. No injuries have been reported.

The recalled sunglasses, made in China, are yellow colored with the UPC No. 400007860896. They were sold at Dollar General stores nationwide from March 2005 through October 2007. Consumers can return the sunglasses to any Dollar General store for a full refund. For more information, call 800-678-9258 or visit Dollar General - Save Time Save Money.

___

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?
  • Adam West
    Museum CPA
    • Apr 14, 2003

Will the toy shelves be empty this Christmas since it appears that every toy is being recalled this year?
    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
    ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

wow this sucks,they should just put a sign that says all China toys have been recalled
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• jds1911a1
        Alan Scott is the best GL
        • Aug 8, 2007

Hasbro must either have really tight qualiy controls or great PR as I don't remember any recalls for their stuff. If mattel has another recall I woudn't hold my breath for new JLU for a while

Comment

• MegoGeekJr
          Youngest Mego Lover
          • Dec 6, 2005

Thats why megos are the best!!!!!
          My heighten mutant sense never lies..........................................This ain't lemonade.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎