Help support the Mego Museum
Help support the Mego Museum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody going to the Kane County Toy Show?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Surfsup
    Silver Chrome Dome
    • Dec 2, 2005

Originally posted by palitoy
    On Saturday, I was part of the International strike force comprised of Charlie, Dan and Will. Despite having a camera around my neck the entire day, I only managed two pictures. They're pretty good though.

This cabinet contained a lot of holy grails for a lot of people.

There were two of these at the show this time but this one was superior.

There was some nice Mego stuff at the show, I mostly bought Remco Monster stuff however. On my drive home, I managed to hit another toy show and a comic show, I think I'm burned out now.
    Man, I forgot about that top cabinet, I saw it when it was pretty empty. I wish I had checked it out again, I would have been tempted to pick a few things up.

I ended up with some Spiderman rack toys and four boxed GI Joes, pi8cked up in the last 20 or so mins, so I was happy. It was a fun day and weekend in general seeing you guys. I never really took any pics unfortunately either, I was trying to get a group pic but it was hard trying to pin mark down as usual.

I'm looking forward to doing it again next year.

Comment

• Surfsup
      Silver Chrome Dome
      • Dec 2, 2005

Originally posted by Evel KMego
      Ok, here's my report. I guess the International strike force kinda stole my thunder, but I made it to the Sunday show and had a good time. Overall, the show size was down, but the amount of Mego stuff was up, especially since Mark Huckabone showed up! I ran into Charlie, who was there on Sunday as well, and chatted with him and Mark. I also met Mego Geek Jr. , a very cool young man who I apologize for leaving out of my pics. I picked up a MOC Peter Burke and a MIB Remco Frankenstein from Mark, and a couple of small items elsewhere. Here's my pics.....
      Mego Talk
      Cool pics! I didn't realise who you were until Charlie filled me in, by that time you had wandered off unfortunately. I also met Mego geek Jr and his brother and agree with you, they were great guys. It was a pleasure to meet them.

Comment

• dumbldor
        Talkative Member
        • Jun 9, 2002

Sorry I missed you, James. I was there Saturday but was unable to attend on Sunday with the others.

Comment

• Evel KMego
          Museum Daredevil
          • Apr 26, 2006

Glad I got a few good pics, there would have been more but I dropped my camera and broke it half way through. DOH!!
          Will, I didn't realize you were there Sunday either, I would have liked to meet you, I,ve heard only great things about you.
          Dan, sometime I would like to go to the Saturday show myself, I know alot of the rarer stuff goes fast on Saturday, but I didn't have much cash on me this round anyhoo.
          Brian, Mark let you unload his van!! That makes you like famous or something. By the way, by the looks of it, his booth was in the same state midday Sunday as you guys probably left him Saturday night!
          Last edited by Evel KMego; Oct 30, '07, 6:11 PM.

Comment

• MegoGeekJr
            Youngest Mego Lover
            • Dec 6, 2005

Originally posted by Evel KMego
            I also met Mego Geek Jr. , a very cool young man who I apologize for leaving out of my pics.

It was great to meet some members (finaly!! lol) of the board.I only wish Palitoy and Dumbldor were there sunday. I had a blast at the toy show and so did my older brother. Charlie was cool as usual and meeting evil Kmego, and meeting Bill (surfsup) was awesome too. Surfsup also bought me my presents, whcih he didn't have to, a Minty Starsky AND a minty Hutch (btw, I still love em Surfsup) I will have my brother post pics of my hauls from the toy show, so stay tuned. same bat time, same bat chanel.

>_>

<_<

Last edited by MegoGeekJr; Nov 2, '07, 3:58 PM.
            My heighten mutant sense never lies..........................................This ain't lemonade.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎