X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adam West
    Museum CPA
    • Apr 14, 2003

Coaching Soccer

I remember the post about coaching football and wanted to share my excitement over the U-12 girls soccer team that I coach.

Our season ended yesterday and we went undefeated (a first for me as a coach).

What made yesterday's game particularly exciting was the team we played was also undefeated. They were much bigger and more physical than my team and had only had one goal scored on them the entire season.

We were losing 1-nil at halftime and that's when we came storming back. My daughter who is a good player but not very aggressive equalized on a cross that made it 1-1. We have one particularly quiet, reserved, and non aggressive girl on our team who is the only one to have not scored on our team at least once in the entire season.

With about 5 minutes left, she was at the right place at the right time, received a pass and put a shot right on goal. The ball went right into the goalies hands and then for some strange reason squirted out of her hands and back to my player who put it away for the winner.

It was amazing to see the girls hugging her after the game and spontaneously lifted her up in the air as the team's hero.

It was one of those moments that makes all the hard work you put into coaching so rewarding and will forever put an imprint on my memory.
    "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
    ~Vaclav Hlavaty
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

That's awesome man,congrats on the perfect season
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Wow, what a moment for you, and esp. that girl! She'll always remember that, and it will be told to her kids and so on. Congrats on a winning season!!!

My son is playing his second year of soccer on a Six and Under Team. Last year he was barely interested (he was only 4), but he wanted to do it again. It's like someone flipped a switch. He's been on it, and has played goalie in the last few games. Due to his tall size and ability to kick the ball REALLY far, the coach has kind of made him his "secret weapon" in the back field. And he's done well there too! I'm really proud of him, and his whole team too. Besides one hot dog, they all really work together as a team well. They too are undefeated (so far) with only one game left.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• jwyblejr
        galactic yo-yo
        • Apr 6, 2006

When I saw the title to this thread,I was expecting something out of Home Movies. Glad I was wrong.

Comment

• Hulk
          Mayor of Megoville
          • May 10, 2003

Sounds like a great Hollywood ending. Congrats to the team, and to you coach.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎