X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

Justice League movie a go; Superman sequel suspended

Interesting developments in the DC universe. It appears that the Superman Returns sequel has been pushed back indefinitely in favor of the new live action portrayal of the Justice League. Originally, Tom Welling was suppose to pick up the Superman mantle for this project once Smallville ends it's run this season, but apparently talks have broken down on his salary so he might be out. I wasn't a big fan of the 'Returns' film, but I do like Smallville quite a bit so it's disappointing to think he won't be able to transition his role from television to the big screen.
  • Airdave817
    Satellite Monitor Duty
    • May 31, 2007

From what I've been reading here and there George Miller is going for completely different actors for at least Superman and Batman. This is going to be a completely different interperetation of the characters from Superman Returns, Batman Begins or Smallville. I'm wondering where exactly that would make sense. I guess it does, seeing as how there are so many different interperetations of both of them. I guess I would like to see someone completely new and fresh approach these two characters, than be disappointed.
    Shameless self-promotion -
    Earth-Dave
    KROC-FM
    Look for me as Dave Berg on Facebook!

sigpic
    "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!"

Comment

• MegoSteve
      Superman's Pal
      • Jun 17, 2005

Superman Screenwriters Not Returning for Sequel | /Film

According to the article above, the screenwriters of Superman Returns aren't coming back for the sequel, which is just fine with me.

Comment

• batmanmc
        mego batman collector
        • Jun 22, 2004

i am glad and hope superman is in the new movie. it will be great. mike

Comment

• jemboy2004
          Persistent Member
          • Aug 14, 2005

I'm not so happy. I loved Superman Returns! I had high hopes for some great new Superman movies and finally one comes and now it's gone.

Comment

• The Toyroom
            The Packaging King
            • Dec 31, 2004

I think I'd rather see a fresh JLA movie anyway instead of another homage to the Christopher Reeve/Richard Donner films...
            Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• ozcollector1992
              Longtime Oz Collector
              • Oct 13, 2006

I vote TOm WElling all the way. That might be because I am a younger audience and a huge Smallville fan though

LoLz
              Sean
              Your powers on Earth may seem extraordinary, Kal-El, but we are not gods. - Jor-El (Smallville Season 5)

Comment

• toys2cool
                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                • Nov 27, 2006

I would've loved to have seen Tom play Superman,I did like the guy who played him in the movie,but the movie really sucked to me,so in a way it kind of killed it for me
                "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• joshvox
                  Clown Prince of Crime
                  • Mar 21, 2006

I don't want Batman in this movie. Other than that, if done correctly, I think it'll be very cool. I'm glad that they decided to push back the Superman movie--I don't get doing it at the same time. Two franchises with the same characters going at the same time just doesn't sound interesting to me.

Comment

• BlackKnight
                    The DarkSide Customizer
                    • Apr 16, 2005

I liked Roth,.. personally I wish he would reprise his role in JLA.
                    ... The Original Knight ..., Often Imitated, However Never Duplicated. The 1st Knight in Customs.

always trading for Hot Toys Figures .

Comment

• thunderbolt
                      Hi Ernie!!!
                      • Feb 15, 2004

Originally posted by BlackKnight
                      I liked Roth,.. personally I wish he would reprise his role in JLA.
                      David Lee played Superman??
                      You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• palitoy
                        live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                        • Jun 16, 2001

I think WB is motivated by the examples set by FF and XMen, start with a team movie and then splinter into spin offs. I'm mildly excited about this news but would like to see the current Batman and Superman playing the part.

I also am optomistic in that WB learns the example set by FF that people like Superhero movies they can bring their kids to....
                        Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                        http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎