Veteran Member
    • Aug 1, 2009

My wife and I at a concert.

Joe

Comment

• Adam West
      Museum CPA
      • Apr 14, 2003

That's me in the Altidore jersey at my daughter's post season soccer party

"The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
      ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• Mod Style
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 1, 2009

Originally posted by Adam West
        That's me in the Altidore jersey at my daughter's post season soccer party

http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/files/4/1/Brian2fix.jpg
        My daughter played too, and I always loved it.I don't know why America doesn't dig it as much as the rest of the world.

Comment

• Hector
          el Hombre de Acero
          • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Mod Style
          My daughter played too, and I always loved it.I don't know why America doesn't dig it as much as the rest of the world.
          No commercial interruptions...American TV networks hate that.

Americans have been brainwashed to hate soccer on TV...since American football, baseball, and basketball...are all very commercial friendly.

Nice pictures, guys...

sigpic

Comment

• saildog
            Permanent Member
            • Apr 9, 2006

Originally posted by Hector
            Americans have been brainwashed to hate soccer on TV...since American football, baseball, and basketball...are all very commercial friendly.
            My answer would have been, "Well, we already have Baseball, Basketball, and Football (not Soccer)."

And we had them before anyone knew what the hell a commercial was.

Really, I think it comes down to (and this is changing), most of us haven't played the game. For me it's like Hockey. I want to love it, but I don't get the nuances because I haven't played much of either sport. I get the boring parts of Football, Basketball, and Football because I can see how it plays into the larger scheme of the game. Soccer...Hockey...I need someone to explain it to me. If that weren't the case, I'd probably think they were the shiznit, too.

Commercials were nothing but a **** break or fridge run before TIVO. Now, they are pretty damn irrelevant.
            Last edited by saildog; Jun 30, '10, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by saildog
              My answer would have been, "Well, we already have Baseball, Basketball, and Football (not Soccer)."

And we had them before anyone knew what the hell a commercial was.

Really, I think it comes down to (and this is changing), most of us haven't played the game. For me it's like Hockey. I want to love it, but I don't get the nuances because I haven't played much of either sport. I get the boring parts of Football, Basketball, and Football because I can see how it plays into the larger scheme of the game. Soccer...Hockey...I need someone to explain it to me. If that weren't the case, I'd probably think they were the shiznit, too.

Commercials were nothing but a **** break or fridge run before TIVO. Now, they are pretty damn irrelevant.
              I played soccer as a kid,goalie actually but for one reason and one reason only...My step father wanted me to become a better Wide receiver so he thought it would help if I could catch or block the balls coming at me at such high speeds...and it did..I learned to catch pretty much anything it was fun
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Adam West
                Museum CPA
                • Apr 14, 2003

Originally posted by toys2cool
                I played soccer as a kid,goalie actually but for one reason and one reason only...My step father wanted me to become a better Wide receiver so he thought it would help if I could catch or block the balls coming at me at such high speeds...and it did..I learned to catch pretty much anything it was fun
                It is funny you say that because current youth soccer goalies are encouraged to play basketball, baseball, football, etc. sports that encourages you to catch or block balls to help them become a better goalie.
                "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• almitysufx
                  Persistent Member
                  • May 27, 2004

Well I'm pretty far behind on this but better late than never. This is me at the meet a few weeks ago with Barry Allen (Brue). It's not a great pic but it is most recent. I had to take my CSS reproing addiction to the next level

Comment

• Wee67
                    Museum Correspondent
                    • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Adam West
                    It is funny you say that because current youth soccer goalies are encouraged to play basketball, baseball, football, etc. sports that encourages you to catch or block balls to help them become a better goalie.
                    That's interesting. As a life-long goalie, I never really got a lot of position-specific coaching until the university level. We won state championship twice while I was in HS and I really had anything more than someone kicking multiple soccer balls at me. Maybe Pennsylvania just isn't that great of a soccer state
                    WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Wee67
                      Museum Correspondent
                      • Apr 2, 2002

I should post a photo of me in goal to get this thread back on track
                      WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Meule
                        Verbose Member
                        • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by Wee67
                        I should post a photo of me in goal to get this thread back on track
                        Yes, you should
                        "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

• PNGwynne
                          Master of Fowl Play
                          • Jun 5, 2008

Ed, that is so weird--that's how I've pictured you.

Well, not in the Underoos...
                          WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• AUSSIE-Rebooted-AMM
                            I was NEVER here!
                            • Jun 22, 2008

Note the T-Shirt.

Being a Joey Scout Leader (Aussie version of Beaver Scouts), seems to take most of my time the last few years.

Comment

• LonnieFisher
                              Eloquent Member
                              • Jan 19, 2008

Originally posted by almitysufx
                              Well I'm pretty far behind on this but better late than never. This is me at the meet a few weeks ago with Barry Allen (Brue). It's not a great pic but it is most recent. I had to take my CSS reproing addiction to the next level
                              http://i47.tinypic.com/30veycl.jpg
                              Awesome shirt!!

Comment

• Meule
                                Verbose Member
                                • Nov 14, 2004

Originally posted by AUSSIE-Rebooted-AMM
                                http://megomuseum.com/mmgallery/file...nie_873299.jpg
                                Note the T-Shirt.

Being a Joey Scout Leader (Aussie version of Beaver Scouts), seems to take most of my time the last few years.
                                Not the kilt pic?
                                "...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎