• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mitchedwards
    Mego Preservation Society
    • May 2, 2003

Theft of Indiana Jones equipment

Start checking E-Bay

Computers and photographs for director Steven Spielberg's upcoming fourth "Indiana Jones" film were stolen, and DreamWorks Pictures SKG has asked local law enforcement to investigate, a studio spokeswoman said.

"An investigation is being conducted by law enforcement," said Kristin Stark, a spokeswoman for DreamWorks.

Stark declined to say where and when the theft took place. Officials from the Los Angeles Police Department, the FBI and the Sheriff's Department could not immediately confirm that they were investigating.

Marvin Levy, Spielberg's spokesman, said the director was concerned that the thieves might be trying to sell the materials.

"We want to warn the media that anything that is offered is stolen property," Levy said. "We know it is out there."

He said that he didn't know specifics about the crime but that he believed it had occurred fairly recently.

Stark said the stolen items contained "confidential and proprietary materials" related to the movie, which is considered a potential blockbuster for next summer. There is much anticipation about the film, which will hit the big screen 19 years after the last installment in the series. The movie stars Harrison Ford, Shia LaBeouf and Cate Blanchett.

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?
  • toys2cool
    Ultimate Mego Warrior
    • Nov 27, 2006

wow that sucks,I hope the info doesn't kill the movie for some of us
    "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
    My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• batmanmc
      mego batman collector
      • Jun 22, 2004

If There Is A Way To Make Money . Somebody Will Do Iot. I Hope It Doesnt Ruin The Movie For People. Mike

Comment

• jds1911a1
        Alan Scott is the best GL
        • Aug 8, 2007

I am sure some seller in china, eatern europe, or malaysia will be selling a workign print of the film in a matter of weeks.

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
          MeGoing
          • May 14, 2003

Any follow up on this Mitch? Guess the thieves are probably laying low.

Comment

• huedell
            Museum Ball Eater
            • Dec 31, 2003

I'm afraid to read anything on this thread because I'm paranoid of spoilers

but it seems that's the very thing that the theft talked about here could fan into a fire

Hopefully everything'll be locked down before any real damage can happen...here's hoping anyway
            "No. No no no no no no. You done got me talkin' politics. I didn't wanna'. Like I said y'all, I'm just happy to be alive. I think I'll scoot over here right by this winda', let this beautiful carriage rock me to sleep, and dream about how lucky I am." - Chris Mannix

Comment

• ramsey37
              • Jun 18, 2001

I believe the thief was caught a few days ago. Undercover cops posing as buyers nabbed the idiot.
              Bradenton.com | 10/05/2007 | Man charged in `Indiana Jones' theft

George

Comment

• mitchedwards
                Mego Preservation Society
                • May 2, 2003

Glad they got him

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• SlipperyLilSuckers
                  MeGoing
                  • May 14, 2003

Great news, I'm glad to hear it.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡