Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • the editor
    Permanent Member
    • Mar 23, 2003

At 16 - I was pimping in a 1982 Cadillac Eldorado (white with red leather seats) that my parents handed down to me. I had a part time job busing and washing dishes at a popular restaurant in my hood & I looked like the owner whenever I arrived at work. Hells yah.
    President - Magician's Alliance

Comment

• Brad
      Batman Fanatic
      • Aug 20, 2010

1969 Plymouth Roadrunner with a 440 (non original, was a 383 car), 4 speed with a Hurst Competition Plus shifter, and a 4:10 geared 8 3/4 Sure Grip rear end. You could take off in third by mistake and it would only feel a bit doggy. I loved that car and still miss it to this day.
      "Never take a person's dignity: it is worth everything to them, and nothing to you." - Frank Barron

Comment

• Mikey
        Verbose Member
        • Aug 9, 2001

Originally posted by the editor
        At 16 - I was pimping in a 1982 Cadillac Eldorado (white with red leather seats) that my parents handed down to me. I had a part time job busing and washing dishes at a popular restaurant in my hood & I looked like the owner whenever I arrived at work. Hells yah.
        I had a beat up '78 Sedan DeVille back in the day (not my first car)

Man, load the trunk up with cinder blocks and that thing was unstopable in any kind of snow

Great car but it was too expensive to fix.

Comment

• Apositive
          Career Member
          • Apr 3, 2011

1989 Ford Tempo- I'll never own another Ford again.....unless I have the sudden urge to have dozens of conversations with mechanics.

Comment

• raider5gt
            Museum Tree Cutter
            • Nov 25, 2007

I had a 1983 Renault 5 gtl,man that thing was a pile of junk lol,even my bro was scared to go in it with me,it always felt like it was going to tip over when it went round corners or roundabouts.

Never stand behind a cow when it sneezes.

Comment

• BENDY
              Career Member
              • Jan 28, 2003

68 ford f250 owned it 20 yrs.

Comment

• Chippupperty
                Veteran Member
                • Feb 5, 2004

1970 Chevy Townsman Wagon.......put slotted mags on it, mounted a Tach on the dash, installed a Thrush muffler, and had to flip the air cleaner to hear the 4 barrels kick in...........ahhh the memories!!!

Comment

• Cornelius POTA
                  Persistent Member
                  • Jul 19, 2011

1976 Camero

Cornelius POTA sigpic MEGO of the Planet Of The Apes :ape:
                  :smiley13: Cornelius is home.
                  I'm in a groove and on the move collecting Mego POTA figures. PM me anytime.

Comment

• cjefferys
                    Duke of Gloat
                    • Apr 23, 2006

My first was a 1984 Camero Berlinetta, I loved that car. I used it when I drove down to Florida to live nearly a year, and to then drive back up to Canada. Poor car wasn't the same after it got back, but Ill never forget it.

Comment

• torgospizza
                      Theocrat of Pan Tang
                      • Aug 19, 2010

Originally posted by cjefferys
                      My first was a 1984 Camero Berlinetta, I loved that car.
                      My little brother had that same car. It was gorgeous. He totaled it in an ice storm when he slid across a busy street and into a garbage truck. My first car was an early 70s Pontiac Grand Prix.

Comment

• shazam7208
                        Career Member
                        • Oct 28, 2008

My first car was a 1966 Chevelle El Camino...traded it in on one of my favorite past cars (which I wish I still had), a 1973 1/2 Pontiac Grand Prix.

Comment

• wayne foundation 07
                          Time to feed the cat
                          • Dec 30, 2007

Originally posted by Fire Marshal Bill
                          Had to revive this thread for a really cool story. And it just so happens to be about my first car, a 1973 Dodge Charger SE too.

I made a very cool discovery the other day. So i get a wild hair and start wondering what happened to my first car, a 1973 Charger. I owned it for 7 years. I was wondering if it was sitting in a junkyard somewhere, been crushed, if it had been restored, things like that. I thought, wouldn't it be cool to find it and possibly own it again someday. I have always had the original title and a polaroid picture from the day the old lady down the street from me had brought it home from the dealer. I thought, why not Google the VIN number. I miraculously got a couple hits! The first link led me to a database of sorts where people provide specifics about the classic cars they own; see bottom pic in link below:

The next hit led me to a thread on a message board, USA Cars Forum, and a guy by the username "jonnyoff". The message board was in Italian so i had to use Google Translator to figure out what was going on. Apparently he had the car in Roma, TX in about 2007. He buys muscle cars, fixes them up, and sells them. I was able to see several pics of the car on his post. At the end of this thread was a post that led to yet another thread. This next thread was started by a guy with username 400magnum in October of 2010. He lives in Rome, Italy! He bought the car from "jonnyoff" and had it shipped overseas. He spent a year tinkering with and and getting it back to close to original. He posted a couple current pics but there was also a post that contained several pics that could not be viewed unless you were a registered member of the forum. Sooooooo..... of course i registered :D . Eventually i was able to see the other pictures. The car is beautiful! I now could post on the message board since i was a registered user so i set out to respond to a year and a half old thread on an Italian message board. I used an online Italian to English translator and typed out a paragraph about how this was my first car i bought in 1981 when i was 15, etc. I also scanned a picture i had of me with the car in front of the house where i grew up and posted it, along with scans of the original title and the polaroid picture i had from the lady i bought it from (mentioned above). Well, the guys on the message board went crazy! They loved it. The thread blew up with responses. A guy has contacted a friend of his that knows the new owner and is supposed to be putting him in touch with me soon. Pretty cool stuff. So much for finding it and owning it again someday...... but at least i found it, and it appears to have had a good life..... i am happy for it .

ciao

Here are a few pictures. The first is a scan of the polaroid on the day it was brought home from the dealership. The second is me with it in 1981. The next ones are what it looks like now, in Italy.

Thats some great detective work to track it down, the car still looks great,Italy , imagine that

Comment

• mike69
                            Museum Super Collector
                            • May 4, 2011

My first car was a 1969 Chevelle. It was black with black and white interior. The body had some skin cancer but, it ran strong. It had a 350 w/400 turbo trans. I paid $700.00 for it in 1986. I worked all summer to save up the money for it. I miss that car!!

Comment

• cjefferys
                              Duke of Gloat
                              • Apr 23, 2006

Originally posted by torgospizza
                              My little brother had that same car. It was gorgeous. He totaled it in an ice storm when he slid across a busy street and into a garbage truck.
                              Ouch! Yeah, it was a great car, but horrible for winter driving. A light, low to the ground car with a powerful engine and rear wheel drive isn't the best choice in the snow. I slid off the road or got stuck in the snow numerous times.

Comment

• galaxyexplorer42
                                Monsters,Creatures,Aliens
                                • Mar 3, 2010

Early 70's VW Bug. P.O.S. My dumb #%€ totaled it 6 months after I got it...
                                Galaxy Explorer

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎