Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PNGwynne
    Master of Fowl Play
    • Jun 5, 2008

This was my favorite and I still have mine, without thermos.

I know it sounds crazy, but I kind of want a Waltons lunchbox.

Originally posted by vintage spideyfan
    I've always been partial to the Alladin Universal Movie Monsters lunchbox.

Some more shots of this beauty...
    Universals Movie Monsters Lunchbox | CollectionDX
    WANTED: Dick Grayson SI trousers; gray AJ Mustang horse; vintage RC Batman (Bruce Wayne) head; minty Wolfman tights; mint Black Knight sword; minty Launcelot boots; Lion Rock (pale) Dracula & Mummy heads; Lion Rock Franky squared boots; Wayne Foundation blue furniture; Flash Gordon/Ming (10") unbroken holsters; CHiPs gloved arms; POTA T2 tan body; CTVT/vintage Friar Tuck robes, BBP TZ Burgess Meredith glasses.

Comment

• Makernaut
      Persistent Member
      • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by Mr.Marion
      I'm a fan of the NFL boxes. Those 70's helmet designs are pretty evergreen, only a few are different now.
      That NFL lunchbox is really cool and it's kind of remarkable because a 1975 one wouldn't have had Seattle on it and a 1977 one wouldn't have had Seattle in the NFC, so that could only be from 1976.

Comment

• RonnyG
        Career Member
        • Apr 23, 2014

I had the Hanna-Barbera Speed Buggy lunchbox as a kid, but somebody stole it!!! Back then, we didn't take our lunches to our classroom--we had to leave them on a table outside the cafeteria. One day, it was gone! Many years later, I found another one at a flea market, and it was reasonably priced. so I bought it.

I also have this really cool Land of the Lost reproduction lunch box. It came with the complete series DVD set about the same time that awful movie remake was released. I got it at a used CD/Video store for about $20.00.

Comment

• Hedji
          Citizen of Gotham
          • Nov 17, 2012

The orange colors on that Buck Rogers box make it just pop.

Comment

• powersthatbe
            Persistent Member
            • Sep 27, 2010

mine was marvel super heroes.I think it has scarlet witch on it.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
              Permanent Member
              • Sep 15, 2014

Originally posted by Makernaut
              That NFL lunchbox is really cool and it's kind of remarkable because a 1975 one wouldn't have had Seattle on it and a 1977 one wouldn't have had Seattle in the NFC, so that could only be from 1976.
              Yeah I have the 1975 box, Seattle and Tampa
              Bay weren't on it yet.

Comment

• Hector
                el Hombre de Acero
                • May 19, 2003

That Land of the Lost lunchbox is a beauty.
                sigpic

Comment

• J.B.
                  Guild Navigator
                  • Jun 23, 2010

Bay weren't on it yet.
                  I miss the 2-bar facemasks. Wish Atlanta would have kept those beautiful red unis.
                  You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Makernaut
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jul 22, 2015

Bay weren't on it yet.
                    I never thought about collecting some NFL lunch boxes. You sparked an interest in them for me. Surprised I never got any of those as a kid because I was NFL obsessed for many years. Had sheets, bedspread, curtains, trashcan, posters, pencils, and lots of football cards, but for some reason, never got any of the lunch boxes.

Comment

• Makernaut
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jul 22, 2015

Originally posted by J.B.
                      I miss the 2-bar facemasks. Wish Atlanta would have kept those beautiful red unis.
                      I always thought the old Falcons uniforms were cool. They were one of the teams I never got to see on TV very often and it was a big deal to me to see teams that I didn't get to see very much. The part of the country I grew up in got mostly Cowboys, Chiefs, Oilers, and Broncos on TV. AFC East and NFC Central and West were teams I didn't get to see a lot of.

Comment

• J.B.
                        Guild Navigator
                        • Jun 23, 2010

I always thought the old Falcons uniforms were cool. They were one of the teams I never got to see on TV very often and it was a big deal to me to see teams that I didn't get to see very much.
                        Steve Bartkowski was slinging it when I was growing up. Beautiful unis and the 2-bar facemask.

You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

Comment

• Random Axe
                          The Voice of Reason
                          • Apr 16, 2008

My favorite lunchbox is my original Star Wars aluminum with the X-wing on one side and stormtroopers questioning Luke/Ben on the other. Mine has a large dent on the X-wing side from when I smashed it over the head of a bully in second grade who was a few grades higher than me. My mom still has that in her garage holding small tools and nails. I should reclaim that at some point...
                          I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she dumped me before we met.

If anyone here believes in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Comment

• Mr.Marion
                            Permanent Member
                            • Sep 15, 2014

I never thought about collecting some NFL lunch boxes. You sparked an interest in them for me. Surprised I never got any of those as a kid because I was NFL obsessed for many years. Had sheets, bedspread, curtains, trashcan, posters, pencils, and lots of football cards, but for some reason, never got any of the lunch boxes.
                            The other ones are the 1978 and 1973

There is also a Redskins and 1964 NFC box and I think that's it.

Comment

• Makernaut
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jul 22, 2015

^ That is a nice collection of NFL lunchboxes! Thanks for cluing me in on what's out there.

I saw the 1964 one on eBay earlier today. Has the Bears and Packers on one side and Giants and Browns on the other. Makes me wonder if the AFL made any boxes before the merger.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-196...8AAOSwyeNcRzD5
                              Last edited by Makernaut; Jan 26, '19, 6:03 PM.

Comment

• classicgalacticalover
                                • Feb 19, 2010

My favorites were Lost in Space, Batman 66, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, All three Bonanza's, The Wild Wild West and of course no brainer for me Battlestar Galactica!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎