Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mikey
    Verbose Member
    • Aug 9, 2001

I just hope they release the original series........

Knowing Universal--- they'll be on 2 double sided DVD's with 20 episodes per-side----- released at $79.99 per season.

It's UNIVERSAL

Universal owns a lot of good stuff........
    But someday people are going to wise up to their shoddy DVD release practices.

Comment

• johnmiic
      Adrift
      • Sep 6, 2002

The new Bionic woman is.....

....Michelle Ryan; and I think I am in love. She's from the UK and I she's not Lindsay Wagner but that's OK. She looks like she can be the next Bionic Woman.

Season 1 has many episodes written so far by this list.
      The show is darker and less optimistic by the synopsis below which is unfortunate. The show doesn't have to be edgy like the movie Robocop, ( note how Miguel Ferrer seems to be playing a simialr role), it could be fun and cool. I think it may be too dark to capture tv audiences but I guess we'll see.

Click on her photo gallery to the left and see more of her.

Season 1

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Season 1, Episode 0: Pilot
      Original Air Date: 26 September 2007

A re-imagining of the popular 1970s TV series about improving a human woman with cybernetic implants. The story focuses on a brilliant college drop out, Jamie Sommers played by Michelle Ryan, trying to take care of her rebellious deaf sister, played by Mae Whitman, after the death of their parents. Her love interest, a college professor of Bio-Ethics played by Chris Bowers leads a double life and works for a secret government agency capable of improving humans with specialized nanites and bio-synthetic organs/appendages. The first attempt at doing so failed when the prototype Sarah, played by Katiee Shackoff, grew too powerful to control and decided she no longer wanted to be a lab rat and revolted. Using her military background, she managed to force her way out of the facility after killing many scientists. Sarah would latter lead to the near death of Jamie by driving a semi into her car. The crash killed the unborn baby within her, fathered by the professor. Through the work performed by the professor and the agency, he managed to save Jamie's life by giving her a new arm, leg, eye, ear, and replacing most of her blood with the nanites, giving her great regenerative abilities. Originaly, Jamie rejects her implants angrily. The man in charge of the facility, played by Miguel Ferrer, reminds her that most of her now multi-million dollar body is owned by the government and that she could, at any moment disappear from the world. Jamie manages to leave and unknowingly has a chat at the bar in which she works with Sarah. The implants begin to activate and Sarah introduces herself as the version before her. After an attempt on the Professors life by Sarah, the two have a large battle which exposes both of their weaknesses. Jamie decides she will work for the agency and help it with its missions but on one condition: she still has control over herself and isn't owned by anyone.

Comment

• Hector
        el Hombre de Acero
        • May 19, 2003

What Network???

I'm going to watch it, I'm a HUGE fan of the original series.

But I have a big question though...

"he managed to save Jamie's life by giving her a new arm, leg, eye, ear, and replacing most of her blood with the nanites, giving her great regenerative abilities."

One leg?

How is she going to run with only one bionic leg?

Mmm, regenerative abilities, sounds like Wolverine.

I'm there!

sigpic

Comment

• Surfsup
          Silver Chrome Dome
          • Dec 2, 2005

Michelle Ryan used to be in Eastenders (depressing soap) here, she's come a long way since then. She's definately a hottie, it'll be good to see her back on the screen again.

I've never seen the original series as I was more of a SMDM fan, but I'll check this out, it doesn't sound bad.

Comment

• Hector
            el Hombre de Acero
            • May 19, 2003

Originally posted by Surfsup
            I've never seen the original series as I was more of a SMDM fan
            What???????????????

Both shows went hand in hand, I find it almost unbelievable that you watched the SMDM but not the Bionic Woman at least once, I mean, both charcters used to crossover all the time.
            sigpic

Comment

• GlobalObserver
              Persistent Member
              • Aug 12, 2004

NBC has been running a teaser promo for months. It doesn't look like it shares a lot in common with it's classic predecessor.

Comment

• Surfsup
                Silver Chrome Dome
                • Dec 2, 2005

Originally posted by Hector
                What???????????????

Both shows went hand in hand, I find it almost unbelievable that you watched the SMDM but not the Bionic Woman at least once, I mean, both charcters used to crossover all the time.
                Well, I obviously saw her in SMDM but I never watched her show. I never fancied Lindsay Wagner, Charlie's Angels on the other hand... .

Comment

• HardyGirl
                  Mego Museum's Poster Girl
                  • Apr 3, 2007

I saw a video preview on TV.com, and I wasn't impressed. I may watch a few eps b/c my man Miguel Ferrer is on the show. He's a heckuva sweet guy, even though he comes off as a bad-***. He's a great actor, (I loved him in Crossing Jordan) and a great musician (he was in a cool band called The Jenerators.), so I may watch some eps b/c of him.
                  "Do you believe, you believe in magic?
                  'Cos I believe, I believe that I do,
                  Yes, I can see I believe that it's magic
                  If your mission is magic your love will shine true."

Comment

• jemboy2004
                    Persistent Member
                    • Aug 14, 2005

I liked the original BW but not sure how I'll like this take but I will give it a shot.

Comment

• Hulk
                      Mayor of Megoville
                      • May 10, 2003

This is a no-brainer TIVO Season Pass for me.

Comment

• Zemo
                        Still Smokin'
                        • Feb 14, 2006

The 1st episode is already on the web.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                          valar morghulis
                          • Mar 8, 2005

I think this is like the 5th thread on this show

Check out this thread from May which includes show footage.

Look for it to air next fall http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/14/tv.newseason.ap/index.html

There's probably even more video out there now..

Comment

• Hulk
                            Mayor of Megoville
                            • May 10, 2003

As Zemo pointed out, the Pilot episode is already available in its entirety. Personally I will wait it out until the fall, so I can enjoy it full screen without having to wait months for the next episode. Apparently a lot of Pilots are available, due the studios sending out advance DVD copies to critics.

Comment

• johnmiic
                              Adrift
                              • Sep 6, 2002

Sorry about the duplicate thread all. I just thought the actress looked nice and wanted to say so.

Comment

• Hulk
                                Mayor of Megoville
                                • May 10, 2003

Don't worry about it John. I'm predicting at least two, probably more, threads before this debuts.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎