X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Comic Book Geek
    Stays Crunchy in Milk
    • Aug 2, 2004

Originally posted by theantiquetiger
    In the older seasons, the 2nd place person got $100K, but this time there were 3 finalist, and one got all the votes, so I am wondering what Dreamz got for a tie at 2nd place, $50K? If that is true, he made off with over $110K in cash and prizes.
    I'd heard at some point contestants get a certain amount per episode that they remained on the island, and the $100K was reflective of that. I can't confirm that, but I do know that all of the castaways get paid something.
    Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• Adam West
      Museum CPA
      • Apr 14, 2003

If I remember correctly, there was a guy named Ethan who one the mil. and didn't do any kind of lying to win it.

But you're right...some of those final tribal councils are kind of funny to watch because most of the ousted contestants usually make some remark about having to choose between the lessor of two evils.

The funny thing is most everyone on the jury did something just as deceitful as the final two.

It's an interesting show and I like the way they add different elements each season to keep it a little fresh. It is one thing to simply lie and backstab but you have to walk that fine line because ultimately the ones that you lied to and backstabbed are the ones who decide who walks away with the money.
      "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
      ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

• theantiquetiger
        Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
        • Nov 12, 2005

Big Brother starts in a couple months, that is my favorite reality show.

Not counting the 1/2 million dollar prize difference, if you had a choice, would you rather be on Big Brother or Survivor? Big Brother looks alot harder to me, because I suffer from cabin fever real easy. Atleast on Survivor, you can get away.
        sigpic

Comment

• Comic Book Geek
          Stays Crunchy in Milk
          • Aug 2, 2004

I think I'd be the guy on Big Brother that snaps
          Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• megozilla13
            Persistent Member
            • May 10, 2002

Every one keeps saying how Dreamz played Yau to get the car. I don't think he had the intelligence to do that. When he had his private moment with the camera after that took place he spoke about keeping his promise for the sake of his son and swore on his son's life blah blah blah. If it was strategy, he would have stated it then. He knew his actions were repulsive and his only excuse at the end was to say "he was just playing the game". No charcter, no integrity, and no intelligence to figure out that even if he kept the necklace, he had scr#wed to many people on the jury over, to win.

mikej
            WANTED: Removable Mask ROBIN on Kresge style card

Comment

• Adam West
              Museum CPA
              • Apr 14, 2003

Originally posted by megozilla13
              Every one keeps saying how Dreamz played Yau to get the car. I don't think he had the intelligence to do that. When he had his private moment with the camera after that took place he spoke about keeping his promise for the sake of his son and swore on his son's life blah blah blah. If it was strategy, he would have stated it then. He knew his actions were repulsive and his only excuse at the end was to say "he was just playing the game". No charcter, no integrity, and no intelligence to figure out that even if he kept the necklace, he had scr#wed to many people on the jury over, to win.

mikej
              That's a really good point. At least when Johnny Fairplay was playing the grandmother death, he said right to the camera that his grandmother wasn't really dead and was playing it as a strategy.

Maybe Dreamz did say it was strategy on camera and they edited it out but I have my doubts.

Just as Earle said, the moment that Dreamz decided to hold onto the necklace, he just said to himself "I just won Survivor" before the vote was even cast. I really don't know what was going through his head when he decided to hold onto it...I would think that anyone of normal intelligence would have known their chances of winning after making that kind of public commitment was 0%.

I am actually reading an interesting book by Stephen Covey's son called "The Speed of Trust" which discusses how trust, loyalty, and integrity in a business has such a tremendous effect on an organization's success and ability to make decisions quickly and cost-effectively. They site numerous stories but one that stands out so far is the Warren Buffett purchase of the Wal-Mart distribution subsidiary (I don't remember the name of it). The deal was around $28B and the entire deal was made in less than 4 hours because of the level of trust that both parties had with each other.
              "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
              ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎