• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain
    Fighting the good fight!
    • Jun 17, 2001

3:10 to Yuma

Any one else seen this yet?

Just got back from the theater, and have to say I loved it. I think its one of the better, if not the best, western released in many, many years. I actually liked it better than the original.

Lots of guns, lots of action, and a great soundtrack!

Really hoping it does well. Jesse James is due out soon too, and I'm hoping it does well too! (They filmed it here in Southern Alberta a few years back....just coming out now...does that mean its a stinker?)

The western is long overdue for a comeback, and I'm hoping this is the start!

Another somewhat interesting sidenote was the audience. A few teenagers, a bunch of folks in our age group, but most surprising,the majority of the audience was over 50. Is there an untapped and unfullfilled market there or what!?
    "Crayons taste like purple!"
  • Comic Book Geek
    Stays Crunchy in Milk
    • Aug 2, 2004

I really want to see this. Glad you liked it.
    Evildoers tremble at the name... Aaron

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
      Verbose Member
      • Mar 7, 2004

Great movie. It seems most westerns that make it out nowadays are usually very well done. I guess the risk of releasing a western isn't worth a stinker.

Crowe and Bale were fantastic. I hadn't seen the original, so some of the twists and turns surprised me. Great morality tale, like any western should be.

Chris
      sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
        Ultimate Mego Warrior
        • Nov 27, 2006

yup I posted about this one in the last Billy the kid thread,I really liked it and thought Crowe and Bale were both great
        "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
        My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Wee67
          Museum Correspondent
          • Apr 2, 2002

This really was done in the tradition of the classic western- with classic "western" values. Bale and Crowe were fantastic and I really enjoyed the ride. I wouldn't say it was a great movie, but I think its a tribute to a film when you now what's going to happen and you really enjoy it as it does.

I recommend the film for all, but if you like westerns its a must-see.
          WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
            Verbose Member
            • Mar 7, 2004

I need to add that Ben Foster, who played Angel in X-Men 3, was also very good in this. He played the kind of character you wanted dead the moment he walked onto the screen. Very well-acted.

I too had a feeling of how it would end, but the ride was definitely worth it.

Yes, if you like westerns, go support this fine movie, and maybe we'll see more of them in theaters.

Chris
            sigpic

Comment

• toys2cool
              Ultimate Mego Warrior
              • Nov 27, 2006

Originally posted by Earth 2 Chris
              I need to add that Ben Foster, who played Angel in X-Men 3, was also very good in this. He played the kind of character you wanted dead the moment he walked onto the screen. Very well-acted.

I too had a feeling of how it would end, but the ride was definitely worth it.

Yes, if you like westerns, go support this fine movie, and maybe we'll see more of them in theaters.

Chris
              yeah Foster is starting to become a fine actor did anyone catch him in Alpha dog? I think he was the best part of the movie,the fight scenes were funny and incredible
              "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
              My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• Captain
                Fighting the good fight!
                • Jun 17, 2001

Agreed, Fosters character was incredible. Charlie Paris will go down in the annals of all time western movie badmen.
                I heard the guy was afraid of guns and horses, making his work in this film even more impressive!
                "Crayons taste like purple!"

Comment

• Goblin19
                  Talkative Member
                  • May 2, 2002

This is tops on my list to see. I like the original alot, but want to see what's done in this one. I run a movie thatre and I won't go in this auditorium because I don't want to see anything until I sit down to watch it. I'm hoping to watch it tomorrow.

Comment

• The Sentry
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 3, 2007

I gotta see for one reason, Peter Fonda! He's in my A list for actors and plus we share the same birthday!
                    sigpic
                    http://facebook.com/Lee.Harrah.99
                    https://www.facebook.com/pages/HARRA...755356&sk=info
                    [url]https://www.reverbnation.com/harrah99?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav[url]

Comment

• YoungOnce
                      Career Member
                      • Aug 29, 2007

I want to see it but the universe is conspiring against it.

I was in Branson, MO Friday night, bought a ticket, went toward my theatre when folks were coming out complaining that the movie had started 30 minutes too early. The theatre manager said they couldn't restart it for some reason. I just walked down and watched the new Halloween movie that was getting ready to start.

Then Sunday I was in Lebanon, MO and had time to go find it. The marque said it started at 2:15... so I went to get myself a bite to eat and came back. The ticket guy said they messed up the starting time and that the marque should have been 1:25, not 2:15. The movie was already well underway.

Grrrrrrrrr......

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎