The Mego Museum needs your help!
The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Night Videos 80s

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • J.B.
    Guild Navigator
    • Jun 23, 2010
    • 3203

    You got a DeLorean DMC-12​ and fun lyrics like:

    Wanted in fourteen counties of this state,
    the condemned is found guilty of the crimes
    of murder, armed robbery of citizens,
    state banks, and post offices, the theft of
    sacred objects, arson in a state prison,
    perjury, bigamy, deserting his wife and children,
    inciting prostitution, kidnapping,
    extortion, receiving stolen goods, selling stolen
    goods, passing counterfeit money,
    and contrary to the laws of this state, the condemned
    is guilty of using marked cards and
    loaded dice. Therefore, according to the power
    invested in us,
    we sentence the accused here before us, Tuco Benedicto Pacifico Juan
    Maria Ramirez...
    ...known as the Rat...
    ...and any other aliases he might have,
    to hang by the neck until dead. May God have
    mercy on his soul. Proceed.​


    ​

    You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

    Comment

    • Jorge Galvan
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 8, 2015
      • 1319








      The last two weeks have been ****ty.


      9/21/26, the Legendary Angry Anderson passed away at 79 from a Heart Attack on tour. This band from Aussie, is a personal favorite of mine and They never got the credit they rightly deserve. At Least he went out with his Boots on.


      RIP Angry.






      Then on the 1st (yesterday) I woke up to this:



      Conrad "Cronos" Lant of black metal pioneers VENOM has died at the age of 63. The vocalist/bassist's passing was confirmed in a post earlier today (Thursday, October 1) on VENOM's official social media, although no cause of death was revealed. The message reads as follows: "IN MEMORIAM — CONRAD 'CRO...





      CRONOS of Venom fame is dead.



      IN MEMORIAM of CONRAD 'CRONOS' LANT

      It is with profound sadness and broken hearts that we share the news that Conrad 'Cronos' Lant has passed away.
      For more than four decades, Conrad's voice, bass and vision were at the heart of VENOM.
      From the first dark rumblings of Welcome to Hell, through Black Metal, At War With Satan, Possessed and beyond, he created something that changed heavy music forever.
      VENOM never followed the rules.
      They forged their own path.
      And Conrad was there at the centre of it all Ãnd uncompromising, fearless and unmistakable.
      The Legions have always been an important part of VENOM. To everyone who stood with the band through the years, bought the records, came to the shows, wore the shirts, shared the music and kept the flame burning. Cronos was always grateful for your loyalty and support.


      A message from Nathan, Conrad's son:
      I want to thank all of the Legions for all of the support you have given my dad over the years. I know he really appreciated you all. He has laid down his soul, and his music will live on. The legend of Cronos will never die.
      His music will never die.
      His voice will never fade.
      And the legacy of VENOM will live on through the music he created and through the Legions around the world who continue to carry that flame.
      Thank you, Conrad.
      Thank you, Cronos.
      Thank you for the music.
      Thank you for the memories.
      Our deepest love and condolences go to Nathan & Hel, friends and everyone who had the privilege of knowing him.
      REST IN PEACE, CONRAD
      THE LEGEND LIVES ON






      This band invented BLACK Metal, SATANIC Metal, They were Pioneers and NO ONE can take that from them.


      guitarist; Jeff 'Mantas'Dunn has said it best in this eulogy.


      Original VENOM guitarist Jeff "Mantas" Dunn has paid tribute to the band's bassist/vocalist Conrad Lant, better known as Cronos, who died earlier this week at the age of 63. In a social media post, Jeff wrote: "May I thank you all for the overwhelming outpouring of appreciation and condolences. Just...



      In a social media post, Jeff wrote: "May I thank you all for the overwhelming outpouring of appreciation and condolences. Justly deserved I believe.

      "I speak for myself and Abaddon [Antony Bray, original VENOM drummer] who I spoke to today when I say that, despite the turbulent history of this band, it was at the end of the day the three of us, who started something so special and changed the direction, the movement and the history of metal as we know it.

      "We were aware of the news two days ago, but obviously without the consent and wishes of Conrad's family, we were not at liberty to say anything to anyone and we respected that.

      "At times like this the thing I remember is the friendship that we had in those early days, that one for all, all for one mentality, that rebellious quality and the absolute driven urge to be something so different whether it was accepted or not.

      "I still have many early video footage recordings of the three of us where we just laughed sometimes for no other reason than just being silly, our sense of humor was an acquired taste.
      I thank you all for the countless messages and as I've said, despite the history, the arguments, the name-calling, the ups and downs and the dysfunctional manner of this band, this hits hard.

      "I shall speak to you tomorrow, my friends.

      "Rest in power, Conrad Cronos Lant."​











      Off the latest album released this year: LAY DOWN YOUR SOUL And Cronos still has it. Like it's 1982! Brilliant!



      Thank you Cronos. Rock In Power!!!

      Comment

      Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎