The Mego Museum needs your help!
The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Night Videos 80s

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Jorge Galvan
    Persistent Member
    • Jun 8, 2015
    • 1319

    A tribute to ordinary people—teachers, workers, doctors, travelers, and dreamers—blessing everyone equally and celebrating the dignity of everyday life.



    Amen to that.

    Comment

    • Jorge Galvan
      Persistent Member
      • Jun 8, 2015
      • 1319



      Cheating again, from 1978 off of David Gilmour's first solo album, "There's No Way Out of Here" what a great record and my fave of his catalog. This tune has been covered quite a lot notably by Monster Magnet!!!! He nails that echoey Peter Green sound and this tune just rules!!! He did this when Floyd were working on the WALL LP at the same time!! Brilliant!!!



      I think that is Bassist RICK WILLS from Foreigner playing with him.


      ENjoy!!

      Comment

      • Werewolf
        Inhuman
        • Jul 14, 2003
        • 15188

        Never too early for Halloween.

        You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

        Comment

        • J.B.
          Guild Navigator
          • Jun 23, 2010
          • 3203

          Music for the Masses was the first CD I ever bought.

          You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

          Comment

          • Jorge Galvan
            Persistent Member
            • Jun 8, 2015
            • 1319





            When John Lennon began to work on DOUBLE FANTASY; his comeback lp, his producer: Jack Douglas, suggested the following people to work with him, Tony Levin on bass, Rick Nielson on Guitar & Bun E. Carlos on drums, both from Cheap Trick!! As Jack worked with Cheap Trick before he knew that Rick & Bun would deliver the goods! They worked on various demos and they all had a BLAST working with John and this demo of "I'm Losing You" remained unheard until Yoko put out John's Box set.


            One of the best things about this, was John telling Rick, "I should have had YOU on 'COLD TURKEY'. Clapton Choked!!"


            Those old Lennon demons are here. From 1979/80





            Comment

            • Werewolf
              Inhuman
              • Jul 14, 2003
              • 15188

              This is Halloween

              You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

              Comment

              • J.B.
                Guild Navigator
                • Jun 23, 2010
                • 3203

                Originally posted by Werewolf
                This is Halloween
                Oingo Boingo Halloween concerts were epic in Southern California during the 80's. Their best known Bass player, John Avila, is an instructor at the Music College where my Wife works.

                You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

                Comment

                • J.B.
                  Guild Navigator
                  • Jun 23, 2010
                  • 3203

                  Yaz

                  We named our first cat Alison, after Alison Moyet. Love her beautiful, powerful voice. Now add the musical genius Vince Clarke, amazing in Depeche Mode and eventually Erasure

                  You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

                  Comment

                  • Jorge Galvan
                    Persistent Member
                    • Jun 8, 2015
                    • 1319

                    Originally posted by J.B.

                    Oingo Boingo Halloween concerts were epic in Southern California during the 80's. Their best known Bass player, John Avila, is an instructor at the Music College where my Wife works.


                    Not sure who in the band it is, but I saw Oingo Boingo at NAMM at a party given by VIGIER Guitars. ( I think 1997?????) Patrice Vigier; the main man, had given us all passes as our friend, Shawn Lane was an endorser and sadly he played LAST, after Boingo and a very INSUFFERABLE set by Stanley Jordan ( an HOUR & FORTY FIVE MINUTES!) AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!

                    and finally Shawn Lane, Jonas Hellborg & Apt. Q258 (Jeff Sipe) played, BUT!



                    Everyone (Almost) Everyone walked out thinking the show was over, we were seated in the far back. Now we were up in the FIRST ROW! I taped the show and its somewhere in the fortress of Solitude, I heard in passing that George Lynch was at the back door, but didn't come in as he might have been blown away by Shawn!


                    A looooonnnnggg time ago.

                    Comment

                    • Jorge Galvan
                      Persistent Member
                      • Jun 8, 2015
                      • 1319

                      and now for something completely different!


                      Watched a documentary on STANLEY CLARKE on the Scientology channel this week and it was to promote his new lp ; "LAST TRAIN TO SANITY". (and it is DAMN GOOD!) and i did remember he was in a band with Stewart Copeland.


                      ANIMAL LOGIC with singer Deborah Holland. and they were different. SO from 1989, here is


                      "There's a Spy in the House of Love"




                      enjoy

                      Comment

                      • Jorge Galvan
                        Persistent Member
                        • Jun 8, 2015
                        • 1319

                        Originally posted by J.B.

                        Oingo Boingo Halloween concerts were epic in Southern California during the 80's. Their best known Bass player, John Avila, is an instructor at the Music College where my Wife works.
                        **** It was John Avila!! He is still one of their endorsee's


                        Comment

                        • Jorge Galvan
                          Persistent Member
                          • Jun 8, 2015
                          • 1319



                          AND again, Now for something completely different!


                          I am on a cheating bend, so from 1979(???) here is something I found by accident. That great overlooked band: The DICKIES!


                          and here is their version of the Moody Blues Classic: NIGHTS IN WHITE SATIN






                          Blimey! What an insane version and I have heard that Justin Hayward and John Lodge BOTH Loved this take on the tune!!


                          ENJOY! I know I am!!

                          Comment

                          • J.B.
                            Guild Navigator
                            • Jun 23, 2010
                            • 3203

                            Did somebody mention The Dickies?

                            ​

                            You are transparent; I see many things... I see plans within plans.

                            Comment

                            • Jorge Galvan
                              Persistent Member
                              • Jun 8, 2015
                              • 1319

                              BWAHAHAHHAHA! The DICKIES. Brilliant!!

                              Comment

                              • Werewolf
                                Inhuman
                                • Jul 14, 2003
                                • 15188

                                Hells Bells

                                You are a bold and courageous person, afraid of nothing. High on a hill top near your home, there stands a dilapidated old mansion. Some say the place is haunted, but you don't believe in such myths. One dark and stormy night, a light appears in the topmost window in the tower of the old house. You decide to investigate... and you never return...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎