X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • great_chandel
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2, 2015

Mike Pinder "Moody Blues" RIP

The last original member of the fantastic Moody Blues band has died. "Nights in White Satin" has to be one of the most haunting songs ever written! In addition, "In Your Wildest Dreams" and "Tuesday Afternoon" were fantastic as well. This group was so deserving when they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Mike was 82.
  • Jorge Galvan
    Career Member
    • Jun 8, 2015

Yeah, sad, John Lodge and Justin Hayward came into the band later after Denny Laine left.

I saw The John Lodge band a few years ago at the Arcada, when he was touring on his latest solo lp, "10,000 light years from home". He had his (Soon to be Son in law) Jon Davison (Current; YES Singer) touring with him as he would come out and do "Nights in White Satin" in the set.

They haven't "Broken up" but Hayward and Lodge seem intent on doing their own thing...

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
      Muddling through
      • Oct 4, 2008

sad news. I am seeing John Lodge on tour in July. the tour was already postponed from March as he was ill. I believe Justin Hayward and Lodge are the last 2 remaining members of the Moodys and they do not want to tour as the band anymore because of it

Comment

• Nostalgiabuff
        Muddling through
        • Oct 4, 2008

actually, Pat Moraz is still around. i was not even familiar with his name but I guess he replaced Pinder in the band in the late 70s. i saw the moodies in the early nineties so very likely Pat was in the band at that time

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎