X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Megotastrophe
    Permanent Member
    • Jun 29, 2018

We Got to the Chopper

Persey has sent a few photos home of his friend Ginny. She was a great Xenocopter and will no doubt help the rocket scientists design some amazing aircraft soon.
    One blade completely separated from the aircraft and is lying some 15 feet away. You can see the divots in the sand from the rough landing.
    Attached Files
  • KnightDetective
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 31, 2012

I feel privileged to have lived in a time where I could witness so many space-related scientific achievements.

I would have loved for my dear father, with whom I shared a love of both science and science fiction, to have remained with us long enough to see this!

Not to discuss the awe and wonder of it, but to hear him say "you know, it's not Star Trek that we're going to need to come true, it's Quark!"

(Look it up, kids!)

Comment

• earthlings
      • Feb 26, 2024

Originally posted by KnightDetective
      I feel privileged to have lived in a time where I could witness so many space-related scientific achievements.

I would have loved for my dear father, with whom I shared a love of both science and science fiction, to have remained with us long enough to see this!

Not to discuss the awe and wonder of it, but to hear him say "you know, it's not Star Trek that we're going to need to come true, it's Quark!"

(Look it up, kids!)
      I would agree that it's really a privileged!

Comment

• Megotastrophe
        Permanent Member
        • Jun 29, 2018

Looking back on this I see a few things that I wouldn’t have thought possible 25 years ago. We flew a helicopter on Mars. It took off and landed over 70 times. When it crashed it still landed upright. After it crashed, we were able to get pictures of the craft and the crash. It’s being able to look at the failure point that gets to me.

Comment

• publiusr
          Museum Super Collector
          • Aug 23, 2015

Uncanny how SpaceX Starships look like Rocketship XM

Comment

• KnightDetective
            Veteran Member
            • Aug 31, 2012

Hey, Megotastrophe! Just wanted to make it clear that I wasn't making light of your post. I love this stuff but eventually we need to go pick up that blade! We're learning a lot, yes, but leaving debris everywhere. Kind of wonder if introducing foreign material into environments we want to study might have some small unknown negative effect, either skewing findings or altering some element of those environments in some small way... or maybe I've watched too many movies!

At any rate, leave your campsite the way you found it, you know?

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎