X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B-Lister
    Eccentric Weirdo
    • Mar 19, 2010

Anybody collect Cereal Boxes?

I just dug my collection out of storage to photograph.

i'll be posting pics, but haven't had time. Most of my stuff is recent (last 20 years or so), but I do have some older stuff.

here's my most recent addition:

Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures
  • Duncan
    Museum focus-groupie
    • Jun 27, 2009

I don't exactly collect, though I do save ones that I think are particularly cool. I did buy a Kaboom box on ebay a while back. I wish they'd bring that back.

Comment

• KnightDetective
      Veteran Member
      • Aug 31, 2012

I do, or at least I did. Some years ago, a hurricane decided to pop my roof for a peek at some of my collections. Can confirm: water and cardboard do not mix!

Any pics you post would be most welcome!

Comment

• apes3978
        Permanent Member
        • Nov 19, 2005

I don't collect them myself, but I've seen some collections and some of them are really cool. Especially the ones that have 'premiums' on them.

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
          Verbose Member
          • Mar 7, 2004

I have a few Batman-themed one in storage, and a still intact, shrinked-wrapped box of Ralston Batman cereal with the figural bust bank.
          sigpic

Comment

• B-Lister
            Eccentric Weirdo
            • Mar 19, 2010

I have a vintage Batman box. I'll post pics later.
            Looking for Green Arrow accessories, Doctor Who Sonic Screwdriver, and Japanese Popy Megos (Battle Cossack and France, Battle of the Planets, Kamen Rider, Ultraman) and World Heroes figures

Comment

• Makernaut
              Persistent Member
              • Jul 22, 2015

I never really thought of myself as a collector, but I did save the Monster Cereal boxes from the 50th Anniversary and the throwback look Captain Crunch boxes that were on shelves a few years back.

Comment

• palitoy
                live. laugh. lisa needs braces
                • Jun 16, 2001

I have two because they're related to the Black Hole and Mego, otherwise nope.
                Places to find PlaidStallions online: https://linktr.ee/Plaidstallions

Buy Toy-Ventures Magazine here:
                http://www.plaidstallions.com/reboot/shop

Comment

• B-Lister
                  Eccentric Weirdo
                  • Mar 19, 2010

I am keenly interested in your Black Hole and Mego boxes Brian.

Comment

• Jmass
                    Museum Patron
                    • Jan 19, 2006

The idea never occurred to me. That said, I'd like to see some more photos of your collection.

Comment

• B-Lister
                      Eccentric Weirdo
                      • Mar 19, 2010

Alright, here's some of my stuff...still got more that needs photogrphed.

Ralston TMNT

Ralston Batman

Ralston Jetsons

Quaker actually still makes Quisp! This is a new(ish) box. You can order it on their website!

I want a vintage Ralston Ghostbuster box, but for now this will have to do.

one year comic artists drew the art for monster cereals. Frankenberry was by Dave Johnson.

The year Fruit Brute and Yummy Mummy returned was a HUGE deal. I had to get the retro style boxes.

Garbage Pail Kids Cereal? Yeah, it was a thing. And it was actually pretty good. It was exclusive to FYE stores, and I don't know if it was $10 a box good, but it was a worthwhile effort..

A vintage Ralston Nintendo box is high on my list. I would like a better version of this one without the marker. The red version of the box functions as an actual Amiibo!

General Mills has a good working relationship with Tokyo Toy Artist "Kaws" who redesigned the boxes a couple years ago. You could enter to win a set of Kaws inspired Monster figures that were based on the vintage figurines from the 70s.

Comment

• Jorge Galvan
                        Career Member
                        • Jun 8, 2015

That Jetsons looks good!! Funny enough the only cereal box I have is the Mr. T Wheaties box. I do have if I remember right, a Huckleberry Hound, Yogi Bear and Quickdraw McGraw set of cereal box MAGNETS, that I got at one of the Wizard shows years ago.

Comment

• B-Lister
                          Eccentric Weirdo
                          • Mar 19, 2010

My top vintage wants are: Donkey Kong Junior, Nintendo Cereal System, C3POS, Pac Man, Nerds, Mr. T, Dunkin Donuts, Real Ghostbusters, Smurfberry Crunch, GI Joe Action Stars, Strawberry Shortcake, and a few others. There's some non-licensed ones I want too, but they can be just as difficult to find.

Comment

• rche
                            channeling Bob Wills
                            • Mar 26, 2008

I bought a batch of the GM monster cereals with the retro look a few years ago and couldn't make myself toss the box into the recycling after it was empty, so I guess I sort of became a cereal box collector.

Comment

• Jmass
                              Museum Patron
                              • Jan 19, 2006

Thanks for sharing some photos of your collection B-Lister! That was an interesting note about Quisp still being produced. I remember eating that as a kid. May have to get some for the grandkids to try.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎