X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theantiquetiger
    Fra-gee-lay Thats Italian
    • Nov 12, 2005

A Great Find in an Odd Place

After buying and selling this nice Transformer collection last week, I have become some what interested in G1 Transformers. I didn't play with them as a kid, they were alittle after my time, but I have gained great appreciation for them because of their construction and being some what of a Japanese toy robot.

I was at my local Wallyworld last week, looking through the clearance isle because they have started their Christmas re-set. I find a G1 Ultra Magnus Transformer mint in the box and the box looks like an original box from the 80's. It reads "Commemorative G1 Re-issue Series 1" and is dated 2002. I scan it for a price and nothing comes up, so I ask the lady in the blue vest. She scans it a few times, I guess she didn't believe me, and then ask where I got it from. I show her the clearance isle and no other ones like it. I show her it is dated 2002, and this Walmart has only been open for two years, so it must have been a return. She ask me if $5 is OK, and I take it.

I get home and do a quick search on it, and man, was it a great find. It is a Toys R Us exclusive from 2002 and sells all day long for $70+ on Ebay.

I am sure these things were not cheap 5 years ago, so why and how would some one wait atleast 3 years to return this thing to the wrong store?

I need to hurry up and buy my new house, I am running out of room to store my un-displayed collection.
    sigpic
  • mitchedwards
    Mego Preservation Society
    • May 2, 2003

I am convinced you are the only person that could step in dog poop, and then sell the soiled shoes for a huge profit.

Congrats on the pickup

Think B.A. Where did you hide the Megos?

Comment

• toys2cool
      Ultimate Mego Warrior
      • Nov 27, 2006

yeah i remember this set at toys r us,these were sitting on shelves for a long time,when they came out they were super expensive,like $30-$50 each,no one wanted to pay that.That was almost what you could buy an original one loose for,last I saw them in toys r us they were like $7-$10 last year,I guess I should've picked up a few
      "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
      My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎