X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • txteach
    Banned
    • Jun 17, 2005

Who played dodgeball?

We played a lot. Now kids are too whimpy to play. Kinda sad in my opinion.
  • batmanmc
    mego batman collector
    • Jun 22, 2004

dodge ball was one of my favorites. i usually lost due to being abigger kid. was a big targt. they usually tried to take me out first.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
      OH JES!!
      • Jul 21, 2005

I loved playing it as a kid and was brutal with kids I was a big head hunter lol!

Comment

• RG
        Removed.
        • Oct 1, 2004

I was a dodge ball master I never really got into the PE games we were forced to play, but dodge ball was one I liked. Due to the fact I didn't do much in the other games, I ended up not being a target because the other kids didn't think I was any good.

Well, one day since I stayed in the back of the group all my team was put out and it was me vs. about 75% of the other team ... I guess none of them knew how to aim and throw ... and they would just throw lol. I took them all out, one by one after that they found out I was really good and I always would end up being one of the first kids to get put out ... many times I got nailed with 3 or 4 balls all about the same time lol.

I would love to play again Maybe at the 15th High School reunion

I know when I was in 9th grade the school board made a rule against dodge ball being played ... stupid wimpy kids crying to their mommies because their glasses got broken

Comment

• Zemo
          Still Smokin'
          • Feb 14, 2006

Dodgeball game at Mego Meet! Set it up.

Comment

• Goblin19
            Talkative Member
            • May 2, 2002

Definitely my favorite gym event. I loved it. When I was in high school, we played a slighttly different version called battleball. It was also a lot of fun, though more dangerous.

Comment

• EmergencyIan
              Museum Paramedic
              • Aug 31, 2005

We played it in gym and on the playground at recess. Heck, in Indiana, they even played it in gym class at the Luthern School I went to, for a few years!

- Ian

PS. Did anyone else have to do the Shuttle Run in gym class?
              Rampart, this is Squad 51. How do you read?

Comment

• toys2cool
                Ultimate Mego Warrior
                • Nov 27, 2006

I loved dodge ball,even started to play it again a couple years back with my friends when the movie came out
                "Time to nut up or shut up" -Tallahassee

http://ultimatewarriorcollection.webs.com/
                My stuff on facebook Incompatible Browser | Facebook

Comment

• JDeRouen
                  Author of Small Things
                  • Jun 14, 2001

Dodge ball was just an excuse for the popular kids to hit the unpopular ones, at least in my school, and never being popular, I was often a target. But I usually ended up winning or at least making it to the last two or three. I had an uncanny knack for catching the ball, and would always aim for my opponent's feet when throwing. (Try catching a ball as it's zooming for your ankles - it's pretty difficult!)
                  --
                  Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• ShadowAvenger
                    Career Member
                    • May 14, 2007

Originally posted by JDeRouen
                    Dodge ball was just an excuse for the popular kids to hit the unpopular ones, at least in my school, and never being popular, I was often a target.
                    It was the same here and I usually among the first ones to get hit out. I hated that game and I still do.
                    Read my blog at Moongem Comics about comics, toys and more.

Comment

• txteach
                      Banned
                      • Jun 17, 2005

Joe, I'm sorry to hear of your experiences with the game. With us it was competitive. Our teams didn't care about popularity, we wanted to win.
                      Last edited by txteach; Aug 27, '07, 11:01 PM.

Comment

• andawaymego
                        Permanent Member
                        • Oct 24, 2002

I loved it!!! I was never that much of fast thrower but I could catch and usually make it to the end. The trick for lasting long was to stay away from the action for the better part of the game.
                        Gamester Of Triskellion

Comment

• Marvelmania
                          A Ray of Sunshine
                          • Jun 17, 2001

Loved it but the only year we got to play it was in 6th grade. After that it was on to jr. high where we only played flag football, tennis and soccer in PE.

Comment

• Sideshow Spock
                            valar morghulis
                            • Mar 8, 2005

I recall playing it in elem. school gym, but it was a bit of a rarity. Never in middle or high school.

My local YMCA has adult leagues for it, or at least they used to a couple yrs ago.

Comment

• Hulk
                              Mayor of Megoville
                              • May 10, 2003

We played Dodgeball in P.E., but on the street we called it "Trench" or "Trenchball". I remember getting almost as many red kickballs as Mego Batman figures growing up, and we played it on my street right through High School. We even had after school programs for organized Dodgeball. This game was right up there with the oh-so unpolitically correct "Smear the Queer". It's embarrassing to remember the stuff that adults not only allowed but encouraged growing up.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎