The Mego Museum needs your help!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'67 Classic Spider-man DVD boxset out of print!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MIB41
    Eloquent Member
    • Sep 25, 2005

'67 Classic Spider-man DVD boxset out of print!

Wow. The classic animated feature from '67 is now out of print. Bummer. I've owned it since the day it came out a few years back and have gotten ALOT of mileage out of it. But it's kind of sad to think it's not commercially available anymore. Maybe their just pulling it from shelves until the next Spidey film and then they'll come back with new cover art and maybe some special features this initial set was missing. Just thought I would pass that information on. I hope everyone got their boxset. The prices on Ebay are already going up and on Amazon.com the lowest priced set is $100.00-used. Isn't it amazing how important something becomes when you can no longer get it off the shelf?
  • GlobalObserver
    Persistent Member
    • Aug 12, 2004

I realized this about a month ago when I finally decided to buy it. I have only myself to blame, it was in-print for three years. I've seen duped copies selling for twenty bucks online, and the real deal in used condition rarely sells below $60.00.

Comment

• The Toyroom
      The Packaging King
      • Dec 31, 2004

Hmmm....gotta hit Target!
      Think OUTSIDE the Box! For the BEST in Repro & Custom Packaging!

Comment

• VintageMike
        Permanent Member
        • Dec 16, 2004

If you have any free standing FYE's check there. I only got mine about six months ago there.

Comment

• kingdom warrior
          OH JES!!
          • Jul 21, 2005

I've had it since it came out great stuff and i treat it like gold especially now that it's out of print....

Comment

• MIB41
            Eloquent Member
            • Sep 25, 2005

My thoughts EXACTLY, Kingdom Warrior!!!

Comment

• Earth 2 Chris
              Verbose Member
              • Mar 7, 2004

I could have sworn that I saw it at Target too in the last few months.

I got it the day it came out, and I'm glad!

Buena Vista is just sitting on all of these Marvel shows they own the rights to. It stinks.

Chris
              sigpic

Comment

• batmanmc
                mego batman collector
                • Jun 22, 2004

i will check my target . thought it was there a while back also . i will check tomorrow.

Comment

• Customslab

good news lol i have 2 sets

Comment

• JDeRouen
                    Author of Small Things
                    • Jun 14, 2001

Just because it's "out of print" doesn't mean it's not available. My Barnes and Noble has a copy, and I think I've seen it recently at Target as well. That said, I'm glad I bought mine back when it first came out.
                    --
                    Order Small Things, my contemporary fantasy novel featuring Megos, at http://joederouen.com/?page_id=176

Comment

• MIB41
                      Eloquent Member
                      • Sep 25, 2005

I called everyone from Best Buy to Barnes and Knobles. No one can order it right now because it shows "sold out". I asked them if that means it's out of print and the answer I got was, "most likely." If you go out and check Ebay and Amazon there's little doubt this puppy is on the endangered species list. I truly hope they bring it back with new packaging and a special features section discussing it's historical importance and the artists who contributed to it, both visually and vocally. I'm keeping my web-spinners crossed!

Comment

• Zemo
                        Still Smokin'
                        • Feb 14, 2006

This guy has them at a good price. There going fast.
                        http://cgi.ebay.com/SPIDER-MAN-67-CL...QQcmdZViewItem

Comment

• thunderbolt
                          Hi Ernie!!!
                          • Feb 15, 2004

Just saw it at Target yesterday.
                          You must try to generate happiness within yourself. If you aren't happy in one place, chances are you won't be happy anyplace. -Ernie Banks

Comment

• Wee67
                            Museum Correspondent
                            • Apr 2, 2002

Originally posted by Zemo
                            This guy has them at a good price. There going fast.
                            http://cgi.ebay.com/SPIDER-MAN-67-CL...QQcmdZViewItem
                            Yeah, but over 2,000 negative feedback makes me a bit nervous.
                            WANTED - Solid-Boxed WGSH's, C.8 or better.

Comment

• Adam West
                              Museum CPA
                              • Apr 14, 2003

I also bought my set when it first came out.

I'm sure it is just out of print for now and will come back out. I have seen this happen regularly with other movies (Roots the TV series comes to mind and I remember Gettysburg went out of print). Prices skyrocketed as everyone all of a sudden wanted a copy. I remember Gettysburg going for about $100 for the DVD and it was re-released for $14.99.

Disney is notorious for this (at least they used to be, I'm not really sure anymore). They would release a VHS and only make it available for a while and then yank it for 7 years. The used copies would immediately go up in value. I'm pretty sure they do the same things with the DVD's now. I have some of the first Disney released DVD's like Peter Pan and the Little Mermaid. They were yanked and I think I see them starting to be re-released again on a special two disc collector's edition.
                              "The farther we go, the more the ultimate explanation recedes from us, and all we have left is faith."
                              ~Vaclav Hlavaty

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎